380. 9mm or 40

Red

I just got my first .22 pistol a month or so ago and  I Don't think my other pistols are going to get as much range time anymore. I'm already eyeing another .22.  A  Ruger SP101 revolver. Solid heavy frame with real nice sights. A little pricy though.

• Like 1

I just got my first .22 pistol a month or so ago and  I Don't think my other pistols are going to get as much range time anymore. I'm already eyeing another .22.  A  Ruger SP101 revolver. Solid heavy frame with real nice sights. A little pricy though.

My first handgun was a S&W K22, 6" BBL. which I bought in 1974...It would be the LAST handgun I would ever part with.. Outstanding quality...Ruger also makes quality, rugged, revolvers..

Last night I ended up buying the lc9 and also got luck and got 2 525 bricks of 22 ammo. While I was there I was checkin out a few of the 22 pistols I'm for sure going to be in the market for one this summer a nice 22 revolver

I just began shooting my first pistol that I just got a few weeks ago the .40 glock23. Not very comfortable to cary but good enough during winter and fall with my IWB galco.

I've always eyed the lc9 or lc40. But just not sure. Regardless I want to pick up a .22 for practice. Any suggestions for something that's a little more punch then a .22 but still carry? Not trying to hijack, just very new to pistols. Thanks.

Edited by Belo

I just began shooting my first pistol that I just got a few weeks ago the .40 glock23. Not very comfortable to cary but good enough during winter and fall with my IWB galco. I've always eyed the lc9 or lc40. But just not sure. Regardless I want to pick up a .22 for practice. Any suggestions for something that's a little more punch then a .22 but still carry? Not trying to hijack, just very new to pistols. Thanks.

A few guns to check out, for carry: Smith&Wesson M&P Shield and the Ruger LC9. Both are 9mm, with single stack mags. They are thin and easy to carry. Also the Ruger LCP and S&W Bodyguard 380. Both are real small .380 cal pistols, that you can carry right in your front pocket

What's the rule under the SAFE Act regarding magazine capacity for handguns?  Always toyed with the idea of getting a handgun license.

Any mag higher than 10 capacity should have "disappeared" by now. 10 rounders are ok but only can stuff 7 in the mag and 1 in the tube. Unless at a certified shooting range 

Belo, I got my Glock 23 in the early 90's great gun . Today I carry a SW Shield in 9mm a lot, love that gun carry owb in a thumb break pancake. Hardly notice it much thinner then the 23 .

I also carry a LCP often in my front pocket in a Pocket holster , now it's easy to carry,but the trade off is easy to carry means harder to shoot well.

For holster carry that's easier than the 23 look at the Shield and the Karhs.

For pocket the LCP and the like, just be aware that it's hard to grip well , not much for sights.but for bad breath distance it's fine. Im comfortable with it out to 15 yards or so

I'm also a fan of .38 snubbies...

Edited by Larry302

For everyday carry, I loooooove my Sig-Sauer P238. Its a great shooting little gun, around the same size as an LCP, but its a far nicer piece. A bit more weight to it, which makes it a bit less jumpy. Mine came with the Sig-laser as well. I pocket carry it most of the time.

2013-01-15_20-57-38_688.jpg

I love sigs. Might have to seriously consider that one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the Glock 22 and 27 are both .40 cal. Model 22 is full size (15 mag capacity) and 27 is compact (9 mag capacity). Shoot both from 50 yds prone - amazing accuracy - stock - no modifications

Not to be not picky but the 23 is the compact, the 27 is subcompact. You're correct regarding the 22 being full/standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i just have gotten into the pistol thing this past year.  i picked up 9mm, one for me (Sig P226 Elite Scorpion) and one for my wife (Beretta PX4 Storm Compact).  9mm is manageable.  cost of cheapest rounds i can find have been 25-32 cents per round for the 9mm.  bunch of avid shooters told me i should get a 22 pistol for cheaper practice and develop good shooting skills.  said you won't learn enough after 500 rounds.  after 10,000 rounds you've really started to figure stuff out and shooting anything other than 22 will be expensive.  so picked up a Ruger Mark III Hunter.  Now I'm shooting bullseye leagues with it.  Happy will all my guns purchased.

For everyday carry, I loooooove my Sig-Sauer P238. Its a great shooting little gun, around the same size as an LCP, but its a far nicer piece. A bit more weight to it, which makes it a bit less jumpy. Mine came with the Sig-laser as well. I pocket carry it most of the time.

2013-01-15_20-57-38_688.jpg

not sure if that's got sig night sights but they are ridiculous.  those things glow forever in my dark safe.