NYSRPA reporting fees for ammo background checks

To be honest I have not read up enough on this whole law, what stops me from going from my cabin in NY 1 mile over the boarder to PA to get what i need?

If this really is the case, whether its 10 bux or 20, there is going to be a huge backlash from the entire hunting and gun owning community once they see how it hits their wallet. This will finally make everyone "wake up", with that said, I'm not to sure this is a bad thing. 

What kind of control does NY. have on ammo purchases " out of state; on site or mail order?"

They may have been"threatened"...you know...any shooting traced back to ammo sales and you can bet PA VT ect ect.... will be looking at the same type of NYS laws??

Oh by the way did you see on the news NYS population had us at 3rd...but now  we are 4th...How fast do you think we will continue to slide down that list?...Channel 10 has had a good series on their news...NYS exposed...it's been interesting

As soon as possible, I will be replenishing my reload components, and they can take their background checks (and fees) and shove them. I am starting to understand some of the mentality of these hoarders. It doesn't all have to do with gougers hoarding for resale.

does anyone even know what SAFE stands for  Secure Firearms and Ammunition enforcement.  Do you think they will allow internet sales to NY.  It may be time for a lot of people to do some research and see the safe act has a lot more to do than registering an "assault weapon."  You are responsible to know the law.  

• Like 2

We need to make it stand for....Stand

Against

Fire arms

Elimination

Allowing

Civilian

Trust

List them and Vote them out the next election.......

this the start........this is from Cheaper than Dirt......

As of today, December 23, 2013, we will resume selling ammunition to customers in Maryland. However, we will no longer be selling ammunition to the state of New York. This is due to additional regulations of the NYSAFE Act that prevent us from doing so, which take effect January 2014. We will not resume selling ammunition to New York unless provisions of the NYSAFE Act are repealed or altered to allow us to legally do so.

http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-reform

"Ammunition dealers are required to do background checks, similar to those for gun buyers. Dealers are required to report all sales, including amounts, to the state. Internet sales of ammunition are allowed, but the ammunition will have to be shipped to a licensed dealer in New York state for pickup. Ammunition background checks will begin January 15, 2014"

Edited by jim335

" It may be time for a lot of people to do some research and see the safe act has a lot more to do than registering an "assault weapon."  You are responsible to know the law."  

People need to watch "NRA NEWS" on the sportsman channel everyday M-F if you want to keep up with the latest gun & ammo. laws in N.Y. state & across the country.  They report on daily & up to date news on all new anti gun laws.  jmo.

Edited by hunter49

NYC

He just bought a bunch of votes on the western side of the state , he was on the news about some solar panel mfg. and some other factory coming to town that he made it a financial benefit for them to come here , the kicker is they are both on schedule to open about a month before elections , such a scum bag. Of course everybody forgot about the last solar panel company that the government funded on the west coast a few years back.

He just bought a bunch of votes on the western side of the state , he was on the news about some solar panel mfg. and some other factory coming to town that he made it a financial benefit for them to come here , the kicker is they are both on schedule to open about a month before elections , such a scum bag. Of course everybody forgot about the last solar panel company that the government funded on the west coast a few years back.

I think the government funded a few "green" companies that all went belly up after taking millions and millions of OUR dollars..Its all just a big political game and we lose.