A Licensed Plumber Wouldn't Do This.........

Lawdwaz

Don't laugh.... I had an apprentice working under me and let him set up the water heater in a $500,000 new home one day.

There was some gravel in the basement from the concrete guys tromping through the mud and then running down to pizz in the sump pit.

My "helper" set the heater up on top of the gravel and then decided to shim it with a mountain of ciggarette butts he swept neatly into a pile underneath it on the low side. I never noticed it untill hooking up the gas line when the tank started rocking and seperated the flu pipe vent. That could have ended bad if that came apart after the new homeowners moved in.

Did you send him off to "help" someone else after that...lol

It wasn't my call. Unfortunately, my boss loved this dumbass and he wouldn't get rid of him.

I would let him take naps in the van for hours just to keep him out of my way,lol

You find all kinds of stuff when doing demo.

One project someone doubled up some magazines to shim out the end of rafters that were cut short of a ridge.

Another were the homeowner wired together used lamp cords adding 5 together for each section of "run" to make more conductor......for a 220V dryer circuit! I can't believe that craphole didn't burn down.

But sometime in the future I'll be the butt of the joke. I needed a half dozen washes for a job and just drilled a few pennies to act in a pinch. My helper dude at the time had a fit I would drill MONEY. Hey, it was damn cheaper than the time to go to a hardware store 30 miles away for some one cent washers and these had a nice copper cladding. LOL

• Like 5

We just found all the scrap pieces of armored BX cable left by the union "sparky's".... in the walls of the cubicles. Also inside the wall, we found the makers mark of the drywall hanger. He wrote his name on a Budweiser can and titled it, "Tom's wall 1997".

• Like 2

Ive been doing some renos in my house. Two bedrooms upstairs need to be redone, so I started stripping out the drop ceiling n the first one. What did I find? A drywall ceiling above it, but they had installed the drywall with the paper side out. Waste of perfectly good drywall and more work for me....