Lone Survivor = The Movie

noodle one

Too many explosions, too much Hollywood glorification of war, too much you should worship this hero, too much period.

Yeah…I saw a movie a while back called "Code Talkers" It was the same thing.  At  first I thought "  Too much hype and  glorification". But after a while I thought about  all of the sacrifices these guys made and realized   that if it wasn't for these "heroes" we would be screwed.

• Like 1

Too many explosions, too much Hollywood glorification of war, too much you should worship this hero, too much period.

Yea to bad its based on a soldiers life and the hell that he and his brothers go through to keep or azz's safe.Just remember he and many like him put themselves in harms way so you can have your "F'ed" up opinion of him.You should be ashamed to call yourself an american for degrading him,I really dont know why you need to do it.Let him be,let him do what he needs to do.He isnt hurting anyone and his story should be told so people like you and I can see what war is really like.I am really sad that another american feels the way you do towards someone that gave everything he had to protect you and I.

I saw the movie and I have to say because it was a true story and based on his and his 3 brothers lives it was very hard to watch.When you see a movie and someone gets hurt,beaten or killed....well its not real.When the movie was unfolding I felt myself almost loose it a few times knowing that what was happening on screen was what happened or very close to what happened.God bless our troops and the hell they live for us to be free.

Edited by MACHINIST
  • Like 4

Wow. I didn't see the movie yet, but did read the book. I don't think it is a glorification of war, it is reality, that's what happened. Those guys deserve to be "worshipped". Were you in the service?

I haven't seen the movie either, but have seen several war movies (both fact and fiction based). The nature of a war movie is traditionally to entertain. I understand where the poster is coming from about the glorification of war being portrayed through movies. Although, maybe glorification isn't the correct word.

To make this short, if you want to see what REAL war is, a movie theater is probably the last place to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it Saturday afternoon. No glory there. The tough call was to let the 4 affies go and know you are going to have the rath of hell on you within a matter of a hour or string them up. Kids included, Kill them and carry on with the mission.

That would have been a hard call in anyones shoes. Kill or be Killed.   Kinda cool that in the end, he saved a kids life at the start of the movie and a kid has a huge part of him leaving with what skin he had left!    Not much into movies here but that one, I would say if you have the chance to watch it, Do so!

• 3 weeks later...