Cuomo says "conservative Republicans … have no place in the state of New York..."

Quite a few did. I looked it up when the bill went through. All down state RINO's. Or Cuomo's republicans. What is sickening is he is right. We don't have a voice that is strong enough that it needs to be listened to. Downstate controls this state whether we like it or not and we will never over come that.....

I wonder how many Republican Senators voted in favor of the safe act? I know mine didn't (DeFrancisco). You cant believe anything Cuomo says. He's a lying piece of dog crap!

The first pinned topic on this forum tells you exactly who voted for, and against, the SAFE act.

And to remove the ellipsis from the quote, and give it a little more context:

Republican Party candidates are running against the SAFE Act — it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

Honestly, I think he is right.  A NY Republican is a Democrat anywhere that isn't sitting on a coast line.  

For people that are complaining that there are no hard line "Extreme Conservatives" in the NY government, there is a reason for that.  There aren't enough people who would vote for them to get them into office.  It is about representing the views of the majority of the people, right?  I'm pretty sure that is how Democracy is supposed to work.  What the Republican party needs is someone who is a staunch conservative fiscally, but progressive on social issues.  New Yorkers do not vote  bible thumpers into office. 

Edited by Sogaard

His comments are so absolutely ignorant that I believe his stupidity speaks for itself without any need for rebuttal. Along with every other aspect of our lives, he is now even telling us what our ideologies should be. He really does have dictatorial aspirations, doesn't he?

• Like 4

His comments are so absolutely ignorant that I believe his stupidity speaks for itself without any need for rebuttal. Along with every other aspect of our lives, he is now even telling us what our ideologies should be. He really does have dictatorial aspirations, doesn't he?

One thing I will give him credit for is being a very good politician (in skill set, not practice or ideology).

He and his team have thoroughly evaluated every move beyond any politician we have had in NY in a very long time. I don't know much about the team behind him, but they are good at what they do. Very good. He made that statement because he knows he can.

I don't care for him and what he stands for, but he is good at what he does.

Whatever you do, be good at it. Famous words.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Cuomo's a career politician, and a good one at that. His campaign staff crosses every t and dots every i.

Goggle his 2010 campaign acceptance speech. Then decide what he has done for NY. state in the last 3 years. Nothing!

I just hope the Republician party finds a good "middle of the road" candidate.

No primary, full steam ahead on the November election. Concentrate on voting Cuomo out of office!

It should be fairly apparent by this point that I'm no fan of the Emperor or the liberals that run this state. But, the idea that the liberals are contained in NYC and Albany is just not accurate.  While I agree that the liberals/progressives can always count on support from Westchester, NYC and Albany, they also get a lot of help from upstate as well as demonstrated by the voting distribution map of the last time Oslama was reelected.

nys_voting_zps8f883afe.jpg

It should be fairly apparent by this point that I'm no fan of the Emperor or the liberals that run this state. But, the idea that the liberals are contained in NYC and Albany is just not accurate.  While I agree that the liberals/progressives can always count on support from Westchester, NYC and Albany, they also get a lot of help from upstate as well as demonstrated by the voting distribution map of the last time Oslama was reelected.

nys_voting_zps8f883afe.jpg

NYC has a population of about 8.5 million. The rest of the state is about 11 million. How many of the states total voters do you think come from NYC and Albany? I'll bet its a lot!

@Grow Just north of buffalo is district 62 represented by George Maziarz who voted against it , the link i posted above shows how Grisanti sold out for money to private interests .

EDIT : I just realized what grow was referring to when referencing buffalo ,I was still stuck on the safe act votes.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

Erie County, as well as neighboring counties supported Carl Paladeno in the 2010 election with a 3 to 1 margin. Cannot use the last presidential election map for Buffalo. for governor election. He's well known, well like, and respected in the Buffalo area. Now serving on the Buffalo school board where he won easily.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Not everyone who is pro gun (F that "pro-assault-weapon" nonsense) is right to life or anti gay, or fits any little preconceived notion that Cuomo is spouting about. Hes a delusional windbag.

True, but there is still a huge loyalty phenomenon when it comes to political partisan. On top of that factor in the somewhat true  belief of many that you are  "wasting your vote" by voting for a candidate not endorsed as either major party...

I don't see any way to get around the system besides holding politicians accountable to the facts and the truth, by exposing inaccurate propaganda and thereby exposing decisions made for votes. I think many people become angered when they discover they have been tricked, even if they believe in an issue, when they realize they have been lied to the natural reaction is to think about issues more carefully instead of falling back on loyalty to partisan ideology. Maybe its too late, you can thank your elders for the lack of foresight...

I don't see any way to get around the system besides holding politicians accountable to the facts and the truth, by exposing inaccurate propaganda and thereby exposing decisions made for votes. I think many people become angered when they discover they have been tricked, even if they believe in an issue, when they realize they have been lied to the natural reaction is to think about issues more carefully instead of falling back on loyalty to partisan ideology. Maybe its too late, you can thank your elders for the lack of foresight...

They have "watch-dog" organizations that supposedly monitor the truth-in-advertising of campaigns. Most of them are totally ignored by the public. So it's not like this is a new and novel idea. The basic problem is simply voter apathy and dis-interest. However, this trait of voters perhaps can make a minority percentage of the population come up with a majority result in the polls, if we can figure out how to martial our forces as a unified voting block. While the main part of the population stays mired in their usual apathy, we have an issue that has touched the passions of the gun owning community. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity dropped into our laps if we can only muster up the energy and creativity to use it to our advantage.