Crossbows in NY!!!

TheFieldArcher

Arrow Flinger's comments bring up a few nagging questions.

Is Wooly really a tool ?

Is he a BIG tool or a little tool? AF suggests that he is a "wee little tool"...

Does MRS Wooly realize that her husband is a TOOL ?

Now that he has "come out of the closet" does she really CARE how big of a tool he is ?

How does AF know how big of a tool Wooly is ? Has he been PEEKING ?

I better get out of here before I make a tool of myself...I mean even worse than usual...

• Like 1

Im with Arrow Flinger on this. It makes Archers out of Gun hunters. If you want to bow hunt, grab a bow. To me its all about the Optics. If you shoot a Bow you need to practice a lot more, so don't be lazy. Im all for it for disabled people who need the help. Last year I went out to Bow hunt with my friend in PA. When I got there, him and his friends were all shooting Crossbows and I had my Hoyt Maxxis 31. I was like ...what the F, I thought we were Bow hunting.

As I age I too may have to make the switch in order to still shoot pointy sticks.,but it wont be till I cant shoot my bow I think. But that's just me, a stubborn old school type.

• Like 1

Im with Arrow Flinger on this. It makes Archers out of Gun hunters. If you want to bow hunt, grab a bow. To me its all about the Optics. If you shoot a Bow you need to practice a lot more, so don't be lazy. Im all for it for disabled people who need the help. Last year I went out to Bow hunt with my friend in PA. When I got there, him and his friends were all shooting Crossbows and I had my Hoyt Maxxis 31. I was like ...what the F, I thought we were Bow hunting.

As I age I too may have to make the switch in order to still shoot pointy sticks.,but it wont be till I cant shoot my bow I think. But that's just me, a stubborn old school type.

You've done it now....they'll all be here shortly to belittle you! They cant stand it if you have a different opinion than they do. And God forbid if you prove them wrong!

Arrow Flinger's comments bring up a few nagging questions.

Is Wooly really a tool ?

Is he a BIG tool or a little tool? AF suggests that he is a "wee little tool"...

Does MRS Wooly realize that her husband is a TOOL ?

Now that he has "come out of the closet" does she really CARE how big of a tool he is ?

How does AF know how big of a tool Wooly is ? Has he been PEEKING ?

I better get out of here before I make a tool of myself...I mean even worse than usual...

Once again....no comprehension. I'm starting to think your good ol boy network is a bunch of dumb, illiterate hillbillies! It really pisses you guys off when I prove how dumb you are, don't it?

I'll let you know if it ever happens.

I wasn't talking to you but ,seeing as how you're in the club, you couldn't help yourself to come to your boyfriends defense. Shouldn't you be stalking my brother on all the other sites anyhow ? I'm sure if you really want to meet him that badly, he'll oblige ya  :aggressive:

Once again....no comprehension. I'm starting to think your good ol boy network is a bunch of dumb, illiterate hillbillies! It really pisses you guys off when I prove how dumb you are, don't it?

Considering the source, I consider this a compliment ...<< toothless GRIN>>...

Just a bit of advice from, an older guy arrow flinger.  Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you do not know anything that to keep opening it and proving it.  Just another internet tough guy.  Now go play nice.

Edited by bubba
  • Like 2

Just a bit of advice from, an older guy arrow flinger.  Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you do not know anything that to keep opening it and proving it.  Just another internet tough guy.  Now go play nice.

OK buddy! I guess all the guys that agree with me are wrong too. Tell me Bubba, what did I say that was wrong? I even provided facts to prove my point. Some people just don't want to see the truth even if its staring them in the face. Did you even read the thread?

At 6-4 and #300 plus im not sure you would like to see just how tough of an internet he has!!!   As far as his post he is spot on. I know just talk this weekend from past just gun hunters have a little drool mixed in with it. Why would'nt they?

• Like 1

At 6-4 and #300 plus im not sure you would like to see just how tough of an internet he has!!!   As far as his post he is spot on. I know just talk this weekend from past just gun hunters have a little drool mixed in with it. Why would'nt they?

Want to run that one by me one more time, FS ?

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I am just curious as to what that you are trying to say. I read it several times and I honestly can't make any sense of it.

I'm even SOBER tonite...Perhaps that's the problem...<inoffensive grin>...

The article AF posted shows the Michigan License sales decreasing until 2008. It says right in the article that 2008 had a big push for doe permits and they were at a discount price. Remove 2008 from the years posted, and license sales are still higher in 2009 than before. 450,000 xbow tags were issued the 1st year.

So cross bows are in. As a archer of 73 that still shoots both a compound and a recurve at 45 lbs, I thank god each day that I still can. But I sure know a few guys my age that are thanking that now they can get back in the hunt during the early season with a cross bow. Due to age and or other health issue. I may want to try it myself. But for all the guys that say it should not occur, you just have to follow the $$$$. As a archery pro shop owner for over 25 years, It started about 6 years ago, with the big cross bow firms, started getting all the state writers to a free hunt to try out cross bows, then were I used to buy from XXXXX started having them as the hot new products that every little or big dealer just had to have in stock. So there in now, lets just hope the new cross bow hunters will be as the traditional hunter or compound hunter is in taking the time to learn how to use there equiptment and also what is there ability prior to hunting and not take shots that will not kill but just wound a deer..

By the way I have shot a PSE crossbow, and would not want to trade in my Hoyt bow for it. The crossbow is heavy, needs a rest, would be a pain to carry, and I am sure a pain to get into a tree stand to shoot.

Pygmy, What part are you having problems with?  The part where Bubba call a guy an internet tough guy and i say at 

6-4 and 300 pounds he may not want to see how tough AF's internet really is.

Or the part about me talking to a few different guys that were nothing but gun hunters untill XBow's became legal and they are now drooling to be able to get in the woods with an XBow and a tag to take yet another yearling.

I guess you a person would have had to read the whole thread to get the point i was trying to get across in the first post.

My internet tough guy has more to do with the type of intimidation attempted to get a point across.  But 4s as I recall you are pretty good at that too.  All it does is make you look like a fool.  As far as over 6 ft and 300 pounds is the same method.  That does not intimidate me either.  Now as far as reading the thread yes I did.  a=As far as thinking arrow flinger is da man on this umm nope. .  I am a recurve guy and will stay that way.  Sour grapes because you lost this one is kind of foolish.  In a couple words grow up.

• Like 1

My internet tough guy has more to do with the type of intimidation attempted to get a point across.  But 4s as I recall you are pretty good at that too.  All it does is make you look like a fool.  As far as over 6 ft and 300 pounds is the same method.  That does not intimidate me either.  Now as far as reading the thread yes I did.  a=As far as thinking arrow flinger is da man on this umm nope. .  I am a recurve guy and will stay that way.  Sour grapes because you lost this one is kind of foolish.  In a couple words grow up.

He made the statement.  The future will show and the numbers of total bucks killed will show.

You tell people that there are tags to be had and more bucks to be killed, the price of a new toy will mean nothing.  Now you throw in the time of year..You know, when the big boys are out playing...That alone will get the blood flowing in the used to be 1 season hunter.

Those that own land are going to be thankful for that fact.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Lower hunter numbers in these states could have nothing to do with crossbow. It could be because of antler restrictions. Even if it is due to crossbow that means there are fewer people out hunting and the woods will not be overran by people with crossbows. I don't under stand why crossbows would cause less people to hunt though. Maybe  a few more,if at all but not fewer.