Ground Blind for bowhunting

I just picked up the Barronett Grounder 250 and a Primos Qs3 Chair...I'll use em for turkey with the bow. My dad and grandad can use it for whitetails.

I've heard good things about all the Barronett models and really really good things about Rhino XP-1 if you want to spend about 33% more.

Edited by Meat Manager

Some of 'em are unavailable on-line or in NY according to their website.

There's a bunch of places that have them some under $120.

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+mike+blind&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=tV5eU_PtAcLnsASq_4KoDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=320&bih=356#spd=5479438317407610374

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Barronnet makes good blinds the 250 is a solid model. THe big Mike is real big. Good for turkey where they don't care about placement. Deer, that's alot of blind to cover up and hide.

Rhino makes an OK product, but I've seen some cruddy models from time to time. The people that work there, well, I can't say I've ever had a great interaction with them.

I am aslo looking for one & looking at the Barronett's & Kill Zones

Just bought an Ameristep backstrap that seemed really nice for my bow but got it ready for last weekends youth hunt went to undo the zipper & stitching blew apart this is the second Ameristep that I have had trouble with seems their quality has gone down hill. I am done with them

I am aslo looking for one & looking at the Barronett's & Kill Zones

Just bought an Ameristep backstrap that seemed really nice for my bow but got it ready for last weekends youth hunt went to undo the zipper & stitching blew apart this is the second Ameristep that I have had trouble with seems their quality has gone down hill. I am done with them

Not all that shocking considering the Busbices own it. Wildgame Innovations, Evolved Habitat, and so on and so forth. They own alot and not much of it is quality. But, people buy it.

• Like 1

Most of the blinds Suck if you have a bad Back or an older dude.There all Too Low.Great if you are kneeling or sitting, Go to the stores that have them set up and try shooting with a Bow Standing Up.Anything lower then 80" is a waste for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked some cams yesterday and went to the Barronett grounder 250 blind to find a fallen branch had collapsed the roof and a 3 gallon pool of water collected in the middle.

After I drained the water I went in and found that the design is perfect in this blind as the roof hub posts simply came out of their sleeves upon collapse, releasing tension off of any of the other hubs and allowing for rain to pool up without breaking or tearing anything.

Popped the roof poles back in their sleeves, popped the roof back up, perfect. The fabric is also rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Not all that shocking considering the Busbices own it. Wildgame Innovations, Evolved Habitat, and so on and so forth. They own alot and not much of it is quality. But, people buy it.

Yup & I see they merged with Plano in Oct. looks like they thought their quality was to good

My buddy swears by the Ghost blind and it is great if you want to stand.  The deer have problems identifying people as just your head shows.  Easy carry in and out.  Only issue is you would not want to keep it outside all the time.  And store it so it does not rub when traveling or the mirror image will wear off exposing black spots.

Bought Hunters Specialties pop up for $50   Have used it 3x with daughter now. It's great. Only used the support rods first time and skipped the last 2x. Never staked it in and had some decent winds and it didn't budge. Weighs 14 pounds and comes in a nice double strap bag. Zippered door(zippers were pretty quiet) and three zippered flaps you can zip down as much as you want or opt to shoot thru camo mesh winow panes