double!

G-Man

Had a friend ask me to take her turkey hunting, so we set out this am at 510. walked 200 yards and i gave an owl hoot, and had a bird anser about 75 yards away. we snuck in and set up 60 yards or so from the tom. tom. a hen started calling to our left and after 15 or so minutes of gobbling the bird pitched down and went toward the hen. a calling contest ensued for the next hour with several jakes and other hens joining the group 50 yards below us.

finally the boss hen started to drag the tom away, but not before a jack came in range of her 20 guage gun at 12 yards... her aim was slightly off as she hit some brush in front of it and the bird managed to get airborne and landed in a tree. the other birds got quiet but we didnt move. after 5 min of watching the bird swaying on its roost limb, it dropped to the ground. i told her i stand up and see if it was dead. i could see it with its head up about 45 yards from us. asecond shot finished it. she had her first bird!!! as birds erupted from all around the flat and looking to my left i saw a jake standing in bewilderment about 50 yards from me. a quick shot from my 835 and the double was complete! post-899-0-69301300-1399146986_thumb.jpg

• Like 10