Problem beavers

First-light

Leaving for camp in the am and need some help. My neighbors property has a swamp and the beavers have made it so that the water has risen considerably. Areas where deer would cross are too deep now. They are thinking it could mess with the whole deer hunting pattern around the swamp. Can we go down and try to shoot or trap them. I know there are seasons for this but if your land is getting screwed up can you do this?

Wrong beaver phade!!LOL 

The three S's would definitely come into play here.From what I remember when a friend jumped through all the red tape for out of season disposal it will be into deer season before you get the ok.Next thing I would do is find a trapper in the area.Beaver bring good $$$$

Got a nuisance permit to remove dam and beavers from my brothers property. DEC approved it very quickly as it was messing up a great native trout stream breeding ground. Buddy happened to trap them out during season so permit wasn't actually needed. This was two winters ago and none have moved in.....yet. Ever try and take a beaver dam apart. Holy $hit it ain't easy !!!! 

BTW beaver pelts are not bringing all that great a $ during season. Muskrat and fox are where it's at. 

The Beavers are on your neighbors property? I would avoid what some are suggesting to do to get rid of them unless you can totally trust them 100%..........when too many people know you've done something illegal, you run the risk of getting yourself in trouble, all it takes is one person to open their mouth to the wrong person and problems start to develop.

Got a nuisance permit to remove dam and beavers from my brothers property. DEC approved it very quickly as it was messing up a great native trout stream breeding ground. Buddy happened to trap them out during season so permit wasn't actually needed. This was two winters ago and none have moved in.....yet. Ever try and take a beaver dam apart. Holy $hit it ain't easy !!!! 

BTW beaver pelts are not bringing all that great a $ during season. Muskrat and fox are where it's at. 

Beaver ponds are generally considered as improvements to wild native trout habitats. I think some of the people who talk about tearing down dams, never saw one, indeed you are correct about the difficulty removing them. Furthermore, there seldom is one dam, usually  a series of dams comprise a beaver impoundment.   Beaver produce muskrats, a trapper who takes beaver is cutting his own throat. And muskrats are less work both trapping, handling, and storing, with 2 rats bringing the same dollar as one blanket beaver....