Is this a hunting website or a political site??

It's neither numbnuts!

It's a site you come to when you want to insult someone to make yourself feel more important than you really are you stupid idiot!

BTW- what did the last chuck die from fright because you such an ugly SOB? :mosking:

• Like 3

Hunting has been political for years.....From law and regulation making to individual hunters lobbing to get private land access. I have a Chuck or two to get rid of...free time starting this week...but I'm thinking I prefer to be on the lake fishing...deer flies are nasty this year.....

I know there is a temptation to deny the politics of hunting, but we continue to dig a big hole for ourselves because we as hunters, trappers and fishermen tend to run away from that discussion.

In terms of non hunting/fishing/trapping politics, I do wonder how that all fits into this site, and would just as soon not have it clogging up the more "on-theme" discussions. But, it seems to be popular, so who am I to whine about it?

What the OP is getting at is not 100% without merit. Many sportsmen, including some on here, are very active in "Party Politics" that have nothing to do with hunting and/or assign every socio-political issue pertaining to hunting/wildlife policy to partisan-ism.

It would be wise for this site to reconstruct the forum dedicated to politics and gun law issues so that it is divided up instead of lumping everything under the sun together.

• Like 2

My time here has been limited due to this trend. This forum seemed to have alot more value when the political posts were not overtaking the board and the recent posts list.

I still try to chime in from time to time, but its no longer a great resource imo. I dont see the value in me contributing as much to the board as I tried to. Other than the occasional jab at Papist, I stick to basic posts and dont delve into too many topics.

I know I am not alone as other people ha e done the same. Problem is, usually that gap is backfilled with new members. I dont see that happening here.

• Like 8

Deer season is less than 3 months, I think once it starts again we will be more inclined to post about that instead of politics.  But then again this is an election year so politics will be involved.  I have to agree with Phade and think it would be nice to have the political post on another board instead of the main posting board.  (I am here for hunting info, knowledge, wisdom and some pretty awesome trail cam pics among other things.)  The political part seems to divide us more than unite.  

I do feel this has been forced upon us due to regulation like the safe act, gun confiscation and other issues that do need our attention.  It is unfortunate but it is something we are all facing and it is going to hit home quicker than you think.  One thing is for sure:  If we do not get involved we will be at the mercy of our enemies. 

I am not very politic but this has been forced upon us to keep fighting for our rights and I am not about to lay down.  This site is not the only hunting site that has politics involved, every hunting site has political posts now due to our 2nd amendment being trampled on.

My time here has been limited due to this trend. This forum seemed to have alot more value when the political posts were not overtaking the board and the recent posts list.

I still try to chime in from time to time, but its no longer a great resource imo. I dont see the value in me contributing as much to the board as I tried to. Other than the occasional jab at Papist, I stick to basic posts and dont delve into too many topics.

I know I am not alone as other people ha e done the same. Problem is, usually that gap is backfilled with new members. I dont see that happening here.

We have 41 forums on this site, and numerous sub-forums within some of those. We have one forum of all of those that is devoted to political discussions, and a lot of that discussion is relevant to hunting issues and the survival of our main hunting tool .... guns. Unfortunately much of that political forum has been corrupted with non hunting/gun issues, but the forum still serves a function critical to hunting and outdoor activities.

So if that forum has overtaken the other 40+ forums, it tells me that the opportunities to talk all forms of hunting and hunting/outdoor related stuff are exactly what they always were, but people simply are voluntarily choosing not to use those. In other words, the resource has not changed, but the use of it has. And that is a member driven choice. So let's not blame the site for choices made by the members.

Sorry that some feel politics has no place.  I hope you do not feel the same come November.  Last political post or response I will do.  It seems to fall on deaf ears or gets hijacked anyway.  No sense ruining anyone's day with a couple political posts in the way of how many chucks got shot today, or who planted what in the food plots.  That information is much more valid to our future.  This attitude is exactly what has got us behind the 8 ball and will keep us there.  Officially off my soap box.  good luck

Feel the same exact way Phade.

John

• Like 3

Get involved or loose more gun rights your choice.  One thing is for sure, the activist will not stop and they are political.  If we do nothing, they will write our laws and that is bad. 

As I said before I am not very political but this has been forced upon me as a gun owner and hunter and I will not lay down.  Bubba your insight is invaluable please do not stop, we need more like you and others need to be made aware. 

Again I would rather not have to deal with this but it has been forced on us.  The site became more political because WE NEED MORE VOTES!!!  Do not lay down, back down or stop, the traitors who trample on our second amendment will not that for sure!  Lets send a message this election that we will not back down. 

• Like 1

NKA-ADK  It is not insight.  This is information passed on to me from group leaders of grassroots campaigns all over the state.  I am done trying to defend myself and having either every post hijacked by a pair of anti's or habe everyone complain it is not good for the site.  If people prefer to be oblivious, that is their choice.  Bubba out

Bubba I give you alot of credit...where ever you got your information for and against...you made a plan and are working toward a better out come with insight into both sides...You and the guy that organized for crossbows...I'm sure he learned from both sides inorder to make his best plan and won at least part of his "battle"...KUDOS to you both!

Yes, Bubba and I have had some pretty wild battles, but in this issue of working within the system with positive action, and doing what is necessary to help the system work, I'll be the first to give him all the credit in the world. I have heard enough whining and defeatism from some on here to last a lifetime, and to his credit, Bubba is having none of that. Keep up the good work Bubba and don't be worried about what the whiners have to say. We need more guys on our side that do more than just cry about what won't work and what can't be done, and how everyone should simply give up and accept whatever comes our way in terms of government ( or run to another state). Win, lose, or draw, at least you will know that you have done all that you could do and that it was 110% more than almost all gun owners are doing. You have my deep respect for your efforts.

We have 41 forums on this site, and numerous sub-forums within some of those. We have one forum of all of those that is devoted to political discussions, and a lot of that discussion is relevant to hunting issues and the survival of our main hunting tool .... guns. Unfortunately much of that political forum has been corrupted with non hunting/gun issues, but the forum still serves a function critical to hunting and outdoor activities.

So if that forum has overtaken the other 40+ forums, it tells me that the opportunities to talk all forms of hunting and hunting/outdoor related stuff are exactly what they always were, but people simply are voluntarily choosing not to use those. In other words, the resource has not changed, but the use of it has. And that is a member driven choice. So let's not blame the site for choices made by the members.

The obvious just went over your head, Doc.

The message board has made a decision to allow political threads to populate the recent/hot topics list. That is a site decision. Most other hunting boards remove that political/off-topic sub-forum from feeding to that most commonly used part of a forum - the recent/hot topics list.

ArcheryTalk, QDMA, Hunting Beast, you name it, and the hunting forum blocks political posts from hitting that list.

I don't think anyone would give a single hoot if there were a billion political posts in that subforum as long as it didn't feed into the recent/hot topics list. At the same time, they know where to find them if they are looking for them, the one sub-forum. Basically, the site is allowing one sub-forum to dominate the entire 41+ sub-forum site through that decision. Again, a site decision. One that goes against the common site management practices for most hunting sites.

Plenty of people are agreeing with me, and those are long-time members. So, let's not blame members for a pee poor decision by the site's staff.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1