What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I fried up a bunch of smallmouth filets and had 'em with tater salad and some brussel sprouts roasted with onions, peppers and celery.

Tomorrow nite I am having rabbit braised in red wine...All I have for red wine is some good stuff , Fox Run Sable , so I'm stopping by the liquor store tomorrow to pick up a bottle of cheap Dago Red to cook the rabbit in..

• Like 1

I'm with ya. But I was announcing what I was about to cook!

Here's the end product. Smoking ribs takes a little while

attachicon.gifIMG_1797 2.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1799 2.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1798 2.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1800 2.JPG

looks great. How many beers , I mean hours to prepare those ? I've only tried smoking ribs once. They turned out fair. Everything else I do is great so I've been staying away from the ribs.
  • Like 1

looks great. How many beers , I mean hours to prepare those ? I've only tried smoking ribs once. They turned out fair. Everything else I do is great so I've been staying away from the ribs.

Started the charcoal and wood smoker at 530.  Seasoned the meat while it was toning down.  Put the meat on and grabbed a dog fish head immort.  Can't have too many of those at 11%.  Got razzed by biz around 630.  Meat was done around 745.  Some things can't be rushed.  I do like the picture rule though.  Seeing a picture of others dinners gives me ideas for tomorrow night.    

• Like 1

wild bird ? How'd you prepare it ?

....but you lost me at broccoli...

Nahh, store bought fresh today.  I wasn't here when the little lady prepped it for the heater...........It was tremendous!  I did the smashers while she ran to the drug store.  Sour cream, butter and milk; all whipped like Cam Newton.  :)

Man was it good. 

We have broccoli probably 4 times a week for close to 20 years and we're still not tired of of it.

I think we'll make some turkey soup tomorrow.

• Like 5

Good point Paula..no. Fire tablets do though..and Mr B gets the computer at night..

Hey to be honest I hate to cook..Now I'm a good cook,our daughter is Fantastic cook,and loves it. When I was young I was the same...Now it's a chore. Trying to make flavorful healthy stuff. Instead of the tasty unhealthy stuff I loved eating when young. My system won't even allow me to enjoy a nice grilled steak anymore...Well without consequences...

going to try  some of this venison soup tonight, will post a pic when done. 

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/whitetail-deer/story/1598735-deer-recipes-homemade-venison-vegetable-soup

On a bit of a side note, the split pea soup you gave me the other day is down the hatch already.  Kathy and I pounded it down on Sunday.  It was excellent!

I think we'll make some turkey soup tomorrow.

I lied a little.......I made the soup, not "we'll".        :)

Sweetie had to work tonight and we had a pile of running around to do during the day so I was up to bat on this one. 

Good stuff..................

image_zps59erthg2.jpeg

• Like 2