philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

My hunting partners daughters sweet 16 tonight. They had food trucks come for the meal...wood fired pizza, grilled cheese truck and the Slovaki truck(Greek)...too much of all three plus passed apps, fried dough, deep fried twinkies, and a pretty sweet looking cake that Wooly would enjoy sculpting.

8fb5b013390a756e83cbb75a187bd76d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Oh man......do share the recipe!
Those look unreal.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I never seem to make them the same way.  But I drained the fluid out of a jar of peppercini and added in a cup of water and a cup of vinegar into a pan.  Put in garlic and peppercorns and onion and garlic salt.   Brought it to a boil, shut it off and let it cool.  Then poured it into the eggs and peppers.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not dinner but pickled eggs and peppercini .  Made a batch should be ready to eat in a couple weeks. 

IMG_20190316_110631805.jpg

Mmm, 

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

Thanks, I never seem to make them the same way.  But I drained the fluid out of a jar of peppercini and added in a cup of water and a cup of vinegar into a pan.  Put in garlic and peppercorns and onion and garlic salt.   Brought it to a boil, shut it off and let it cool.  Then poured it into the eggs and peppers.  
Sounds good.....I kinda do banana peppers the same way.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tonight will be (WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE??) corned beef, cabbage, boiled baby reds & carrots.

One of my favorite meals........

• Like 3

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

22cf9bb805591dde0045037f506bd6b2.jpg

Pizza lunch - Amendolas in Hartsdale

• Like 3

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

22cf9bb805591dde0045037f506bd6b2.jpg&key=7a60b2a60376e16d3de619cdad762113c3bc33a9db67816b2de5093af5adab8b

Pizza lunch - Amendolas in Hartsdale

They make a strong slice!

• Like 1

Pio Pio in Hell's Kitchen with friends.  Can never go wrong with the "Matador" deal and a group of friends.  It's all about that chicken and the green sauce.

IMG_2567.JPG

• Like 2

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

396b9ca5c23667779dd2c08c5aef9e3f.jpg

15b2b5b945e9693aa72ec9e2ed41421b.jpg

Irish Brown Bread and Cinnamon Scones....corned beef boil working hard!

• Like 3

Spicy shrimps , udon noodles , red papers , snow peeze , green unions and peenuts 60fb41128a885b036a682194d1657812.jpg

• Like 5

Spicy shrimps , udon noodles , red papers , snow peeze , green unions and peenuts 60fb41128a885b036a682194d1657812.jpg&key=2bc9a99821d02fd1cc85a0c7fd3a4a02ab9da0aace382a265e6be1ffa8ef77a7

Hahaha...I know you had yours last night but that’s about as opposite from St Patrick’s day as possible! Looks great

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Spicy shrimps , udon noodles , red papers , snow peeze , green unions and peenuts 60fb41128a885b036a682194d1657812.jpg

Looks tasty, but are you drunk lol? Holly “autocorrect” haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Corned beef and cabbage potato and carrots all cooked in under 2 hours start to finish.Was very good spicy mustard on the beef.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Looks tasty, but are you drunk lol? Holly “autocorrect” haha

Negative. Just being a doof 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

Got the stink goin on here too

20190317_175758.jpg

Haha nice! Am I the only one who does not cut the core out of the cabbage? It is edible, and tender, and holds the leaves together throughtout long simmers.  We cut them out at work though for our annual dinner.  I can’t wait to eat! Jenn is exercising, so it will be a little while 

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Haha nice! Am I the only one who does not cut the core out of the cabbage? It is edible, and tender, and holds the leaves together throughtout long simmers.  We cut them out at work though for our annual dinner.  I can’t wait to eat! Jenn is exercising, so it will be a little while 

As i planned on cutting in strips i cut it off.dont do cabbage alot so dont c why not leave it on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doebuck1234 said:

As i planned on cutting in strips i cut it off.dont do cabbage alot so dont c why not leave it on?

It works either way, leaving core on keeps it all in tact, just easier to plate really.  No right, or wrong way really as far as I see it. Same here, cabbage once a year today only.  I love red cabbage on green salads though

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

4d65d13c49cf2ddf54eb9b8f9fb998bc.jpg

Core removed and cut in 6 wedges for our cabbage

Looks great.A little vinegar on the cabbage?