What's your guess for score?

VT Outfitter

This is not one of my bucks. This is a pic of a nice buck in Texas. I am currently in a debate with a few people on a forum down south. Some posted that heonly scores 110. Others say 140. The average answer is 130 range. My estimation is 150. I explained my measurements to them and got completely shot down. What do you guys score him at?

PICT0213_zps7a1ab0d6.jpg

if he gets that point out on his left side he would be a 12. doesn't look scorable to me in the pic. Not really heavy. He will probably gross about 135-138 . wish we had a head on shot of him.  

Pic is at the end of July. I don't see him making 150

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Here is a pic of him kinds head on. I know that a buck with 4" G1's, 10" G2's, 10" G3's, 4" G4's, beams to the nose, average Mass of 30", ISS of 16"-17" will measure up to a 150 class buck. Plus he has a G5 on the right side and left, though the left side might not be score able in the pic, in it measures 1" from point of origin it counts.  I am not one that is stuck on score before I shoot a buck. If it was a great hunt that morning, and if the buck is legal 2 points on one side, he is definitely in trouble in front of me. That's if buck fever doesn't bust up my nerves and miss my shot, yeah it happens. That's why I love hunting. There is no greater feeling than the excitement of a deer coming in.

PICT0147_zpsc81ae01f.jpg

Anyone an official scorer?

I guessed and broke him down like this for a field score:

G1-4

G2-10

G3-10

G4-6

G5-2

Mass-15

Beam-20

Total 67 per side X 2 =134

Plus inside spread of 16

-------------------

Total field judging score of 150. He is weak on G6, so +/-. Maybe 9 inch 2&3's, So +/-. I think he could have 22 inch beams each side, so +/-. I think 15 per side mass is on the low side, so +/-. All of the +/-'s make it a wash.

Anyone an official scorer?

I guessed and broke him down like this for a field score:

G1-4

G2-10

G3-10

G4-6

G5-2

Mass-15

Beam-20

Total 67 per side X 2 =134

Plus inside spread of 16

-------------------

Total field judging score of 150. He is weak on G6, so +/-. Maybe 9 inch 2&3's, So +/-. I think he could have 22 inch beams each side, so +/-. I think 15 per side mass is on the low side, so +/-. All of the +/-'s make it a wash.

I am... 20" beams would be a tad short for a deer that size... and if you us the ears as a guide (they are around 6") 10" tines would be a stretch for this buck...spread between 16-18... I'm thinking mass 13-14 ....

not a bad guess all in all

• 3 weeks later...