Hi, I'm new on this site

Jaeger

Hi, I'm new to this site and looking around it.

I live in the Northern Catskill with my drahthaar Schatz and we hunt the Catskills and the Adirondacks.

Basically, I hunt just about everthing and I was fortunate enough to get a lifetime everything license back when they were affordable!

I look forward to participating on this site.

Regards,

Jaeger

Thank you all for the welcome!

Sits in trees, Schatzie is the name of my dog (in my bio pic here) and she is a Drahthaar, a German Registry German Whirehair.  Sort of like an AKC german wirehaird pointer.  The lines split decades ago when the dogs brought to the US were specifically focused on pointing birds (AKC german wirehaired pointers), the German dogs (Drahthaars) are still bred to do many things.

In Germany, hunters (of anything, birds, deer, boar,etc.) are required by law to have a tracking dog on hand before any hunt to ensure wounded game gets found.  The most used are Drat's followed by various the various breeds of daschunds.

They are a "Versitile" breed and, in addition to pointing, the retrieve game and track.  I have my DEC tracking license and Schatz is in training to track and find wounded or hit deer.

She is almost 4 yrs old and coming along on birds and tracking, 'tho she prefers chasing frogs and squirrels.  She is my companion and hunting partner and not a field trial dog.  We are having trouble with water work (had a bad water experience) and I may start a thread under small game to seek advice on that.

Thanks again all for the welcome.

Jaeger