Muzzleloader Accessories- Where & How do you carry yours in the Woods?

Northcountryman

So, I went out this am for Muzzleloader carrying all my reloading accessories in my pocket, as always.  I didnt see anything ( unfortunately), but in case I had and actually took a shot, I felt very unprepared for a follow up shot due to the location of my reload accessories. On my home, I bought kind of like a Fanny pack for the reload canister, my bullets, primers and white hots, plus the ramrod endpiece; maybe this'll work for me , but now, Im carrying an additional pack , too. Where and how do you carry all of your accessories for Muzzle while in the woods?

• Like 1

I carry a speed loader with (2)  50 gr T7 pellets and a sabot in my right pants pocket, along with (3) 209 primers. I can reload in under 15 seconds.  

I also carry (4) extra T7 pellets, (2) sabots, and (4) more 209 primers in a small plastic box inside my Fanny pack.  

I can only remember using more than (1) shot on one ML hunt, and that was probably not necessary.  A double lunged doe started to get back up, after her initial fall, and I put her down with a neck shot.  

If I’m using the ML during gun season, I sometimes bring along a short 12 ga pump-action slug gun for follow up shots, and have taken a few “doubles” with that after dropping the first one with the ML. 

• Like 2

A couple speedloaders and short starter in my jacket pocket, and my primers on a lanyard around my neck. Honestly, in a whole bunch of years  ML hunting, I dont remember once that I was in an actual need to get a fast 2nd shot, by the time the smoke cleared etc.  I will have a small plastic case in another pocket with a few more ML accessories, but have never needed to pull them out....as long as the rifle is well maintained. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Carry in your pocket or back pack?

Carry in a sling pack that has a bunch of Supples like rubber gloves, survey tape, extra knife, paracord and binos.

Amazon link- I got the digital camo pattern.   https://www.amazon.com/FAMI-Tactical-Shoulder-Messenger-Necessities/dp/B00Y61F78Y?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Whered you get that bag? I like it!! :D

It is a Koplin possibles bag I got from one of this board's members that did not use it anymore, I had my wife sew on the TC patch that I had laying around and I put the snap enclosure button on it.

Ebay has many different types of "BP possibles bags" for sale both used and new, can probably find a Koplin on there if you are patient.

Al

2023-12-16_162710.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shoot an inline 50cal, so I use these types of speed loaders, but with two compartments:

https://www.amazon.com/Muzzle-Loaders-Magnum-Speed-Loaders-MZ1617/dp/B08KWN79CT/ref=sr_1_13?sr=8-13

They fit great in these MOLLE pouches that can be attached to anything from my packs to my belt.

https://www.amazon.com/TRIWONDER-Tactical-Cigarette-Military-Battery/dp/B08F7SDZPT/ref=sr_1_2?sr=8-2

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I shoot an inline 50cal, so I use these types of speed loaders, but with two compartments:

https://www.amazon.com/Muzzle-Loaders-Magnum-Speed-Loaders-MZ1617/dp/B08KWN79CT/ref=sr_1_13?sr=8-13

They fit great in these MOLLE pouches that can be attached to anything from my packs to my belt.

https://www.amazon.com/TRIWONDER-Tactical-Cigarette-Military-Battery/dp/B08F7SDZPT/ref=sr_1_2?sr=8-2

Love the pouch; how does it attach to your stuff, though? Thanks for link cuz Im gonna order one :)

14 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Love the pouch; how does it attach to your stuff, though? Thanks for link cuz Im gonna order one :)

Those have a snap strap on the back, I also have a few with double straps. My hunting packs all have MOLLE webbing so I just weave them on, I also use a bottle bag set up with MOLLE webbing instead of a pack sometimes. If you don't have any MOLLE or straps on your hunting pack you can always sew a piece of nylon on. Just make sure you measure your tubes or w/e to be sure they fit in the pouch.

Anything with MOLLE webbing is great for hunting as it allows a lot of versatility in adding and removing stuff.

Last year for Spring turkey hunting this was my set up for the entire season:

turkeyhuntingkit.jpg.41ac85032d275aeb6035c62f53444728.jpg

That rig carried extra ammo, my thermos and a cup, calls, TP, spare knife, and some snacks. Lighter and easier then a backpack.

• Like 1