Powder

Localqdm

What do you guys shoot?  I've been using Shockey's sticks and NOT impressed by its shape (won't fit in my speedloaders), stick size consistency, or consistent accuracy.  It is however very clean and easy to reload or cleanup. 

Having used a clean powder, I'm not sure I want the dirt of pyrodex or 777. 

Are they that bad and that corrosive?

I've read really good things about Blackhorn 209, but its not cheap.  Do you have to use shotgun primers (and not ml 209) w/blackhorn?  Is it worth the cost?

The pyrodex and 777 will probably leave a little more dirt and powder.  If your not accurate with what your shooting I would try something else.  If you clean your gun right after your done shooting for the day you will get it clean with a little elbow grease lol. Good Luck!!!

I have wanted to use the blackhorn 209 but no one sells it around me. This is the 1st yr I have used 777 and I am quite happy with it. Still leaves a crud ring but it seems to be easier to clean than the pyrodex and without the stank. I can hold a tighter group with the 777 than I could with pyrodex. Not sure why, maybe there manufacturing process is a little more accurate.

Blackhorn is LEGIT,you can shoot alot of shots before even thinking about swabbing the barrel.I use T7 pellets for hunting,but when shooting at the range its blackhorn all day.Take a look at Graff and Sons or Powder Valley if you want to get some.They have been the cheapest I have found.

Its the best thing to ever happen to the muzzle loading sport.

I use blackhorn 209 now, but have used pyrodex select.  I am hooked on blackhorn 209.  It is all they say it is.  I can shoot 15 times and never swab.  One patch with hoppes#9 a dry patch and a patch with rem oil, I am done.  Then some hoppes or windex on the breech plug. It cleans as a centerfire does.  90 grains in my encore with a 250 grain bullet in a harvester crush rib sabot chronoed at 1742 average.  I pay 40 bucks a container, but compared to the 120 I was shooting of pyrodex, I get as many shots out of a container.  The last pyro I bought was 24.  I will pay the difference.  I also use goex in my hawken and new englander shotgun. 

For my TC Triumph, BH209 for all the reasons Bubba stated.

It doesn't work in all rifles and needs a sealed breech and tight sabots.

For my Whites, it was T7, but am now using Swiss.

As powerful as T7, but actually pretty clean for real black.

Would never use pellets - zero advantages for a huge difference in cost per shot.