Any way to stop....

Grizz1219

Fast Eddie had something on this a few years ago...I actually use it on a stand in a remote swamp on the land...though you really need to judge the "risk " involed your self...

on the platform I have the 2 solid side bars that hold the platform up...I did not screw those to the back of platform...what I did was leave the back bolts off.... flipped the platform up and tie wrapped either side to ladder sides... when I go into use the stand ..I cut ties lower platform and then line up bars that hold it and use a u clip to attach the bars to platform on either side...then climb up and sit...granted I won't spend a lot of time standing in that stand ...but have no need to...I also make sure I clip in before stepping on the platform...but those clips are hardened steel and same size diameter as the bolts....when leaving I  take out clips and re-tie platform in the up position...no one can climb into seat

Edited by growalot

hinged piece of plywood with a hasp and a lock. works great

Great idea.......CCHC.

I'd even take it one step further and have a few hinges welded on and a piece of light weight steel covering three steps attached.  Lock that baby up and you'll be in good shape.

lol Eddie...thats why I use tie wraps....I know they can cut them...but dang there are some real diummies out there...came across a stand at camp they actually climbed up and took off ratchet..but the stablizer bar was screwed to rung and nailed to tree...they yanked and twitsted the thing trying to get it out....finally they gave up...

I was peeved when I saw this ...but laughed as I took the stand down to move it.....the stablizer bar was adjustable...all they had to do it turn the knob screw on top and pull the stand toward them...lol...here's your sign!

if other people have just as much right on the property as you, I think you'll have a tough time keeping that spot locked down as your own, especially if you only hunt weekends and they hunt during the week.....you can make your stand unusable, but that's not gonna keep them out of the spot if they choose to set up their own stand.....and if there's a chance it'll rub some people the wrong way, you better hope the landowner likes you better than the other guy, I've seen people asked not to return to some property because those with permission couldn't get along and the landowner solved the problem by eliminating some of the hunters.

• Like 1