Fat Pig Buck

erussell

He's got a race horse appearance with short legs so he's not at full weight potential which means 4.5 or the other way at over 6.5. If someone harvests him they should send the incisor teeth out for cementum annuli analysis. It'd be cool to know exactly how old this old buck is. It wouldn't cost more than $40. Imagine if he was like 8.5?! That'd be crazy for NY.

Edited by dbHunterNY

That's what I am talking about!!! What a brute!  Is that right side broke or did it grow like that I wonder?

Its always been that way. I call him blade cause he has the long spike on the one side and he always looks like he wants to shank someone. lol. He has a few ofspring running around to. I have blade jr on cam for 2 yrs now. looks the same just smaller. must be a genetic thing.

• Like 1

Well i dont know what to say. He came in Saturday morning. I shot him at 10 yrds quartering away. Lots of blood within 40 yrds but my heart sank when it wasnt pink and bubbly.  I trailed him for 300 yrds or so and jumped him out of his 2nd bed. He stood there for a little bit and I could see I hit him high behind his shoulder exiting out the front. Let him go for 5 hrs and came back. I ran into him walking around in an oak grove limping a little but other wise he looked unscathed. I tried putting a stalk on him again and got within 50 yrds where he spotted me  and ran off like there wasnt a thing wrong with him. I came back the next morning and searched the whole property and never saw him again. This just sucks. Dont know what happened. Shot felt good was aiming behind his rib cage to get the correct angle and everthing. Took my bow out and shot it to make sure everything was ok and it shot fine. Just blew it somehow. :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1

Well i dont know what to say. He came in Saturday morning. I shot him at 10 yrds quartering away. Lots of blood within 40 yrds but my heart sank when it wasnt pink and bubbly.  I trailed him for 300 yrds or so and jumped him out of his 2nd bed. He stood there for a little bit and I could see I hit him high behind his shoulder exiting out the front. Let him go for 5 hrs and came back. I ran into him walking around in an oak grove limping a little but other wise he looked unscathed. I tried putting a stalk on him again and got within 50 yrds where he spotted me  and ran off like there wasnt a thing wrong with him. I came back the next morning and searched the whole property and never saw him again. This just sucks. Dont know what happened. Shot felt good was aiming behind his rib cage to get the correct angle and everthing. Took my bow out and shot it to make sure everything was ok and it shot fine. Just blew it somehow. :banghead:

should have tried calling a tracker, bring on the dogs

what would that have done?... ran him to the next county, the buck was and still is alive.  do people read the entire post before posting or just read a bit and make dumb comments.  

EDIT* I hit submit too soon, that sucks but I had a similar situation happen last year and he was back walking the same path 2 or 3 weeks later.  Good luck 

Edited by Carbonelement

A shot at that range is tough from a stand.  It is a pretty steep angle, and if you're higher than 15', it's a really really steep angle.  I would bet most guys who bow hunt don't practice from that height at that close a range.  It happens, hold your head up and smoke him during the gun season.  

Keep your head up. Got to stay positive! Those shots are tough. I know a lot of people who claim it's beyond them and let the deer walk out to 20 or so before taking a shot. Good luck. He might not go far at all. We had a bow buck hit high. My cousin who shot had his dad take the buck weeks later during rifle in an adjacent section of woods.