Youth hunter christmas gift?

MACHINIST

Sorry, I'm going a little over budget with my idea but felt it might be worth mentioning anyhow.

How 'bout an affordable pair of binos he can use year round for deer hunting, bird watching, shed hunting, scanning the treetops for fruits and nuts....., or checking out the cute little blonde 3 doors down!. :swoon:

These work great for all my outdoors adventures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nikon-Action-8x40-ULTRA-WIDE-VIEW-Binoculars-Index-Prisms-7268-8x-Closer-/380980858878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b43a8ffe

http://www.fenix-store.com/aa/

Big fan of these Fenix lights, built to last many modes. Low mode to light your path and not ruin your night vision , higher modes to search a field.

Just fun to play with for kids of all ages.

The link is to,their AA ones, easily available in any store, cheaper then the 123a ,s that most of mine take!

I'm not a huge fan of WGI - usually you are going to have to warranty the cam at some point.

That said, I've had two cam lines that performed well for me...its hit or miss. One was the W6xac from Amazon several years back for $50 shipped. This year, I bought some of the W3ecan models on a dirt cheap sale ($40) at Dick's. They have them listed for $49.99 right now and with a $10 off $50 coupon found pretty easily, you can pick one up with free shipping, as well.

My experience thus far (3-4 mos) is that they have been working pretty well. I haven't had to warranty one yet, the battery life is acceptable, and it fits the bil for me to use in spots where theft is a concern or I'm taking a flyer on picking up some activity. Interestingly, these cams are the same body style and internal camera maker (the cam name can be found in the profile of the pics taken) as the w6xac as a few years ago. WGI sources parts from alot of companies, but this combo worked well for me (I got two years of continuous service out of the w6xac and then sold them).

I don't recommend WGI often (hardly at all) but this cam seems like a good option for a kid...easy to use, set-up, and works decently enough. Plus it'll keep his interest most likely.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=43511896&ab=Banner_Hunting_GameCameras&cp=2460170.12971505.13041235.22731336.29085606