Weekend warrior

YFKI1983

Nothing . We need them we should embrace and encourage them . The average joe who gets out a few times and is happy to kill any deer. We need there numbers and we need them to pass it on to generations to come .

• Like 10

Sure. You know...when you shoot a deer, recover it and then find yourself surrounded by 3/4 warriors who claim you didn't shoot it and that they own it now.

Wow! My dad told me a story very similar when they used to hunt in angelica, except the story ends with a guy that was friends with my uncle from Vietnam caving the guys face in before he could even leave his bar stool. I guess the guy was a real crazy SOB and just didn't want to get over the fact that earlier in the day he was basically held up at gun point and had his deer taken from him. This was back in the early 70s.

Sure. You know...when you shoot a deer, recover it and then find yourself surrounded by 3/4 warriors who claim you didn't shoot it and that they own it now.

that does suck. can happen to private land owners too when the deer cross those invisible lines. I have to imagine it's rare though.

Another reason to love bow season. Naturally moving unspooked deer with far less hunters. I have ran into 2 hunters now during gun when I didn't see a soul during bow. But I am a weekend warrior with this year having burned all my vacation for weddings. When you hunt public land you have no rights to a spot. If you don't like it, you have to pony up the cash for a lease. You really don't have other options. It is what it is.

lol.  Good one.

Then its your own fault they got away with it. Again, lots of complaining with no getting the authorities involved.

One trick to prove this sort of thing, is carry an object and put it in the deer's ear or mouth before you start gutting it. Then if someone tries to do such a thing, get the authorities involved and describe what object is in there and let them retrieve it.

Get stuffed.

I said it was my neighbor not me. Read more carefully next time.

Also, what was one guy surrounded by a group of aggressive red-necks supposed to do deep inside a patch of public land?

Description for DEC or police after the fact - ' 4 fat rednecks in camo and blaze orange with guns'.

Ye, good luck with that.

lol

A old timer I know,  years ago had a similar situation and he got their license plate. He had also put a dime in the ear of the buck as soon as he reached it. was enough to get those guys busted.

• Like 2

Get stuffed.

I said it was my neighbor not me. Read more carefully next time.

Also, what was one guy surrounded by a group of aggressive red-necks supposed to do deep inside a patch of public land?

Description for DEC or police after the fact - ' 4 fat rednecks in camo and blaze orange with guns'.

Ye, good luck with that.

lol

Classy as usual. You know its the truth, no matter who didnt call it in, its their fault, and thats what I meant. Not necessarilly you. I read just fine.

Cell phones with cameras are a moden miracle, and back tags, following behind at a distance to get a glimpse of their vehicles, etc. No excuse, just keep complainging and doing nothing and see where it ever gets you.

• Like 2

I tell you, I just can't stand the derogatory talk against weekend warriors here.  Aren't we all weekend warriors in one way or the other?  How many here don't have to work and can devote all their time to hunting only?  Just because some of you spend some extra time scouting or setting up food plots or cameras makes you somehow think that you are superior to everyone else that hunts?  That's BS.  Some of you guys are legends in your own minds, and that's about it.

• Like 7