My father strikes in Iowa!

Twax10

I believe that buck is no longer able to be scored for any book. Broken skull cap would take him out.

That's correct in the hunting catagories... however in NY you may be able to place the score in the found dead or shed antler category where we give the antlers an 18" spread allowance... but it would not be eligible as a NY state record

From Boone & Crockett website:

SHED ANTLERS/SPLIT SKULLS**
Shed antlers and trophies whose skull plates have been sawn in half are not eligible for entry in the Club's Awards Programs and/or records books, regardless of how well they have been "restored." Similarly, trophies with antlers that have been "pegged" for removal and easy transportation cannot be scored for entry in B&C. This is because the inside spread (greatest spread on moose), which is an integral part of the final score of antlered trophies, cannot be accurately determined in either case. If a Measurer suspects that a set of antlers he or she is measuring is comprised of a set of shed antlers or split within the mount, he or she should contact the Club's headquarters for instructions on x-raying that trophy. A Measurer must be present at the time x-rays are taken to take immediate possession of them and forward them to B&C headquarters. All X-rays are taken and mailed to B&C headquarters at the expense of the trophy owner. This policy applies to trophy specimens of all deer, caribou, moose, and elk, as well as pronghorn.

Trophies with skull plates that have been shattered or split by shooting, dropping, etc., are eligible for entry so long as the pieces fit perfectly back together. Such trophies can only be scored by members of the Club's Records Committee or its designated representatives.

Trophies with skull plates that have been shattered or split by shooting, dropping, etc., are eligible for entry so long as the pieces fit perfectly back together. Such trophies can only be scored by members of the Club's Records Committee or its designated representatives.

This is also true in NY... I believe the same goes for antler points as well.

I forgot to mention.. very nice buck!

• Like 1

OK> So, I shoot a huge bull Moose in Canada. I can claim a record for NY?

I shoot a huge WT in TX, I can submit it as a record NYS deer?

Look, I am not trying to be an a$$ here, but I thought the record would have to be in the state you made the kill. If you didn't kill the deer in NY, then it's not a NY record. Right?

OK> So, I shoot a huge bull Moose in Canada. I can claim a record for NY?

I shoot a huge WT in TX, I can submit it as a record NYS deer?

Look, I am not trying to be an a$$ here, but I thought the record would have to be in the state you made the kill. If you didn't kill the deer in NY, then it's not a NY record. Right?

Rob, read what he is saying. IF it was killed  in NY our scoring can handle it. but it wasn't