Big 6-points

nyantler

For years I have had this fascination with big 6-points... not the no brow tine kind of six, but the typical 3x3 with brow tines and G2's only... if I have one dream in hunting it would be to kill one... not sure why I'm so drawn to them, maybe because they are so rare.

I have two buddies that have taken a big six... but I have never even seen a live one in the woods... does anyone else have the same fascination?

My buddies with their six points

post-525-0-25506800-1418505506_thumb.jpg post-525-0-57442800-1418505530_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I always believed there was no such animal as a truly "BIG 6pt" until I found these on my hunting grounds. I got a little more interested in 6pts after this.

Never set eyes on him before or after this find. 

8" gnarly bases, and some of the deepest vein canals I've ever seen on an antler around here.

DSC_2252_filtered.jpg

DSC_2326_filtered.jpg

• Like 8

Certainly not as big as some of the 6pts seen above but this is my coolest 6pt.  Some of you might remember these pics from two (IIRC) years ago.  This buck was a stud, 182lbs (IIRC) and aged at 3.5 by the DEC but I kind of doubt it.  This is one buck I should have had aged the scientific way, after I did the European mount on him I could see even more interesting characteristics in him.  His skull was wider in girth than any other buck I've killed and did a European mount on.  The glands and facial structure were much more pronouced also.  He has mass and width but lacked tines!  18" inside........

Honestly, he is one of the coolest bucks I've ever shot.

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

• Like 4