wooly's 2015 shed season...

wooly

Thanks everyone!
I have no clue where the mate to that antler is. I covered every inch of that area the last two days and I got nuthin'!

I checked with ALL of my neighbors last year to see if any of them had any right antlers from him, but no one has... or at least no one is admitting to it.

Today I made a run to another one of my usual hot spots when I got tired of trying to match Tubby up, and once again I went home shedless! I just can't seem to find where they all went this year.

I did find a buck I had on cam from summer that I called Goofy. He finished off with a pretty wild rack, but we wont be seeing any more of him.

PICT0051_zpsd13a20ba.jpg

PICT0050_zps198642ea.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsz1bhvfff.jpg

DSC_0099_zpsjxrbkio2.jpg

DSC_0100_zpsoko4por2.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Today I pumped some air in the bike tires and ripped down some of the park trails away from the crowds.

15 minutes after I got my feet on the ground, I found this busted rack in a flooded section of an orchard thicket.

original.jpg

Then I got cookin' to another area that I know always melts out sooner than the timber when I spotted another one in one of my favorite kinds of brush to look for antlers in!

Can you see the antler...?

original.jpg

original.jpg

...and both of them together.

They aren't very pretty, but they gave me some motivation to find some new freshies!

I've given up counting dead deer this year. The good news is only one dead buck so far, but the doe/fawn count is now at least 35+

original.jpg

original.jpg

Antlers- 5

Sets- 0

Dead bucks- 1

Dead doe/fawns- ??????

I see you found a can of cheap beer as well.........keep looking, the dead body of the poor guy who consumed it should be close.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...