Handling a dead pigeon

fadetoblack188

I found a dead pigeon today on a rooftop. It had two red bands on it. I looked it up it appears to be a racing pigeon and you can call in the last bird.

I pulled the legs off and removed the bands. Can I get any sort of disease or illness from doing this. Or am I just being a hypochondriac.

I did wash my hands several minutes later

I WAS being serious...

My Uncle Jethro caught Chirpes after having an intimate relationship with a chicken..

He woke up one morning with FEATHERS growing out of his butt..HORRIBLE disease... True story... Honest...No kiddin'...

Oh by the way ,COOL on the double bands...

Make sure it wasn’t infected with Bacillu.

A bacillus (rod-shaped) bacterium that causes photosensitivity, hysterical blindness near mirrors, overdevelopment of canine teeth, and production of a bulletproof adhesive. Victims feed on blood. While in the body, it is anaerobic, and causes the victim to exhibit zombie-like behavior. Outside the body, it sporulates into dust. If an infected person is cut deep enough, the bacteria turns them into powder. Can be treated, but not cured, with a pill containing a fusion inhibitor and dehydrated blood.

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is that the pigeon racers don't care about lost pigeons. They have been removed from the racing pigeon gene pool, and rightly so.

Brutal.......................

They are a tough bunch of owners, probably immune to Chirpes over years of exposure?