NY Senator wants to ban machetes.....

New York State has the same problem as Illinois & California. very large cities that dominate the make up of the populous. Ilinois had "Firearm Owner ID" cards way back in the '70s.

NYS has my info from 1981 when I got my pistol permit. I have a couple of well-used machetes from around that time as well.

This has nothing to do with 'weapons'. It's about controlling the citizens.

Again, you either understand the overall intent or you don't.

I think Avella and his kind should be taken on hike on an over-grown trail and to a Christmas tree farm.  If they ask why are both a mess, reply should be its your fault, you banned the tools...

And how did you think they thin out a corn field or removed diseased corn stalks, you whack them off at the root with a corn knife (basically a specialized machete).

NYS has my info from 1981 when I got my pistol permit. I have a couple of well-used machetes from around that time as well.

Ohhh that makes more sense. Here i was thinking it was about christmas...dooh!

I had an "Unlimited" (concealed carry) permit in Indiana. No reference to any firearm. You apply at the local Sherriff's office for a permit. "Personal protection" is the only thing one needs to put on the application. If your record comes back clean you get the permit., It is a blanket permit that covers any handgun.

When I came to NY, I saw what was involved & said no way. 1st of all you have to lie. 2nd, you can be denied. 3rd & worst of all, it's a handgun redistration scheme.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

New York State has the same problem as Illinois & California. very large cities that dominate the make up of the populous. Ilinois had "Firearm Owner ID" cards way back in the '70s.

New Jersey has had them since 1966, when they enacted the Sills Act. (Two years before the 1968 GCA that changed everything for everyone.)

After the imbecile posts a "WAR ON CHRISTMAS"  rant on a thread about machetes, is you intelligence NOT insulted?

I only asked a question. No, my intelligence is not insulted. First, I'm not that intelligent. Second, I happen to like his posts.

• Like 2

After the imbecile posts a "WAR ON CHRISTMAS"  rant on a thread about machetes, is you intelligence NOT insulted?

I only asked a question. No, my intelligence is not insulted. First, I'm not that intelligent. Second, I happen to like his posts.

LMAO you guys are funny!

Just curious, why do you resort to childish insults so often?

Frankly, it is getting to be irritating to see just about every thread here being turned into name-calling, flame wars. Is that really the only way that you people know of to respond on a forum? Is this really what your personalities consist of? Relax a bit and try some civility.

• Like 1

Fear not the machete law brothers!  

Compromise will prevail.

Do gooders will allow you to keep your machete.

You just have to apply for a permit from the state, pass an extensive background check, register all of your machetes, pay a $50 fee and renew you permit every year.

Be advised, if ever your machete permit is revoked, all of your machetes, firearms, knives, hammers, hatchets, axes, blunt instruments and rocks will be confiscated.

Who could be against such "common sense" legislation?

Next, they will pass a compromise law allowing all faiths to celebrate "Festivus" in December, but nothing else.

• Like 2

Frankly, it is getting to be irritating to see just about every thread here being turned into name-calling, flame wars. Is that really the only way that you people know of to respond on a forum? Is this really what your personalities consist of? Relax a bit and try some civility.

Keep allowing political nonhunting threads (not this one though) to proliferate on a hunting forum...and you harvest what you sow. We have already talked about this before though. Civility is nice, but politics and religion are rarely civil. Im sure some batwing will blab about free speech, but its a private forum. You guys can allow what you want. Just dont complian about something YOU know is going to happen as a result.

Keep allowing political nonhunting threads (not this one though) to proliferate on a hunting forum...and you harvest what you sow. We have already talked about this before though. Civility is nice, but politics and religion are rarely civil. Im sure some batwing will blab about free speech, but its a private forum. You guys can allow what you want. Just dont complian about something YOU know is going to happen as a result.

Politics of all kinds affects hunting and hunters.  Christmas trees were brought up in this thread.  A comment about Christmas was posted and insults followed.  Anyone who posts insults, instead of addressing the issues in a post like a rational, intelligent, tolerant human being, should be taken to task.  Where is all of the tolerance we are always told people want forced on all of the US here?

post-177-0-88386800-1424525551_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Politics of all kinds affects hunting and hunters. Christmas trees were brought up in this thread. A comment about Christmas was posted and insults followed. Anyone who posts insults, instead of addressing the issues in a post like a rational, intelligent, tolerant human being, should be taken to task. Where is all of the tolerance we are always told people want forced on all of the US here?

attachicon.gifLiberals.jpg

Im in agreeance that name calling is too much. But this bullcrap posting on non hunting politics is nothing more than gas on a fire. There are limitless forums where one can post such topics. Allowing it here is assinine. doc burmjohn and others made that choice so they shouldnt complain when an expected outcome arrives. They should enforce it stiffly or not and all, and shouldnt be whining about civility.

Civility is nice

When one of the chief proponents and users of ad hominem attack and character assassination starts talking about a lack of civility, is it time to call the men in white coats?

The irony here certainly hasn't been lost on me. And of course, we yet again see a tin-pot attempt to mold the world into the liberal's worldview, once things appear to be not going their way. 

I hear North Korea is nice is this time of year Phade. Good attempt to preempt the fact that your lack of tolerance and consistency would indeed be brought into question. No dice though.

Edited by Papist