A sign of Maturity?

Lawdwaz

Maturity shows up at different times in peoples lives I guess.  At 53 I figured it wouldn't ever happen but something strange DID happen today.

I have had some expired boat flares sitting on a shelf in the garage for about a year or so and have been mulling around in my head something creative to do with them.  :)  Nothing really came to mind that sounded very smart so I figured I'd just trash them but I didn't know if it was OK to put them in the bin while still in working order. 

Into a bucket they went then I covered them with water.  I'll let them soak for the day then adios..............

Overkill, probably.  Boring as Hell, absolutely.  

My father kept them for 10 years AFTER they expired then gave them to me last year! I'm sure they'd still work fine but I tired of looking at them. I'll have to replace the ones in my boat next year so I can replenish the shelf stock then.

The year before last I was shed hunting down the road behind one of my neighbors places. I hadn't been back there in a while, but it didn't take long to realize the scenery had changed.

There were tarp tents, fences,and tire piles everywhere, and some old steel roofing walls had been stood up. I didn't know what to think, but my first thought was expecting to find some meth head hobo living in one of these little huts.

A little further along I found an old school chair sitting next to a sattlelight dish and some computer board looking contraption. When I walked over close enough to get a look at the chair I saw 4 "sticks of dynamite" all electrical taped together and wired to the computer contraption.

My freakin' heart almost exploded before I realized they were old flares that the neighbors kids were using as props on their new paintball course,lol   :laugh:

• Like 2

I'm thinking my Man Card will be revoked over this incident.  Maybe I'll go toilet paper my neighbors house or soap their windows, hoping you guys don't follow through............................................ :(

:D

Im not sure it will be revoked ,however, one or more of the corners may be torn off.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

A little further along I found an old school chair sitting next to a sattlelight dish and some computer board looking contraption. When I walked over close enough to get a look at the chair I saw 4 "sticks of dynamite" all electrical taped together and wired to the computer contraption.

My freakin' heart almost exploded before I realized they were old flares that the neighbors kids were using as props on their new paintball course,lol :laugh:

Anybody remember the episode of "Justified" when Raylan confronted the bank robber that had flares tied around his body trying to pass them off as dynamite? Edited by wildcat junkie