Almost time!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Just got in from my final preseason scouting trip and man am I jacked up to get out in the turkey woods with the shotgun in my hands. It's been a LONG 11 months since last season!!!

First, I checked out the spot that I am hunting tomorrow morning...bingo...right where they have been for the past 4 mornings straight...roosted right on the gulley. I set a trail cam out up last week to try to monitor movement...ended up getting pics of a pair of longbeards with several hens on 3 of the past 5 mornings.  They will have a surprise waiting for them in about 22 hours...

zIMAG0037_1.jpg

zIMAG0048_1.jpg

zIMAG0049.jpg

zIMAG0073.jpg

zIMAG0104.jpg

Also checked out the farm where we killed the youth gobbler on saturday and there were several birds fired up in all directions!!!

Good luck every one!!!

• Like 4

haven't had time to scout.  had a couple jakes and a longbeard with half dozen hens behind the house on gun club but they've dispersed and have only seen a hen or two.  don't know the situation where I usually hunt (parent's farm) and won't until Saturday morning.

LOL I pulled cards and not a single bird on any of them .....now don't that just figure...I set up the blind chair,good thing swivel is too high so I'm sticking with the folding canvas arm chair right height and I can turn to get all windows...put a cushion in it to make it easier to get up if I do have to move more....I had cleared a path the turkeys had  covered scratching...it was still clear when I pulled card and put in chair...I had every known area covered...but farmers are now planting corn. :cry: Just not in this DEAD field next to us  yet...hoping they will soon no deer and no turkey behind the house anymore...nothing near my favorite and most productive turkey (cardboard)blind. Looks like I will hit camp for the week end...

Took a walk this morning (beautiful day) saw fresh scratching and tracks. Then  later, on my way home after running some errands, saw some out in the field. Still not sure  where to set up first thing…..It will drive me nuts all night. 

Good luck and stay safe...

• Like 1

I'm full on winging it sat morn... Haven't been back to the public land I scouted since I saw the tom.

I swung thru today after work to check water level and determine if I needed waders.

Looks prime. But I didn't stay.

Incredibly ready to roll... I hope I don't get skunked on my first turkey season like I did for deer.

Thanks for all the advice y'all

Watched the two gobblers from these pics go in to the woods tonight at 7:40. They are right where they are supposed to be. It's gonna be a sleepless night for me!!! There is no other place in the world that I'd rather be in the morning, man I love it!!!