Yote attacks buck!!!!

wooly

This is a horrible pic because they were way at the edge of my lens' range, but I snapped away anyhow.

The story that leads up to this is the best part.

I'm so happy to have been there  to witness it all first hand!

I'll load some more from this encounter when I have time!

original.jpg

• Like 10

So I climbed into my observation stand last night and spotted a sneaky coyote several hundred yards away. He stuck around so long, I figured something was up. About 100 yds out he stopped and patiently stood there testing the air.

original.jpg

That's when he finally made his move and began leaping through the tall grass jumping the buck in the first pic. The chase didn't go on for long.

I believe the yote was hunting fawns and realized he may have bitten off more than he could chew!

The buck would run a short distance and stop to look back to make sure the yote wasn't still on his tail.

He eventually made his way right under my stand before heading off into the timber.

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

He appeared again with another buck and they fed around the field for a while. They made their way off together and showed up one more time just before dark!

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 9

Your first sentence said "horrible pic."  You keep saying that word...  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thanks for the comments and checking them out everyone!

Fehyd643- I only say that when I get frustrated when my gear falls short on some of the long range stuff.

I wish I had a nice LOOOOOONG lens for those situations, but dumping a few grand on a lens for "fun" toys ain't happening.

Also, I didn't spend much time on editing those before I slapped them up here so I'll leave you all with a few last bonus shots from that series that I put more effort into.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 2