Would you shoot him or let him pass?

Hunter9396

They sell it because it is legal to use for livestock (deer farms, etc) and so that guys heading out of state can pick it up before they leave for their trip, camp, etc.

Except that is not who is buying it.

People with deer farms or livestock, don't go to Cabela's to buy a single bag at retail price!  And they sure as heck don't buy the "commercial" brand that is advertised all over the TV with a picture of a giant buck on the bag.

That's laughable if you think that is who they are selling it to.

People with deer farms or livestock, don't go to Cabela's to buy a single bag at retail price!  And they sure as heck don't buy the "commercial" brand that is advertised all over the TV with a picture of a giant buck on the bag.

Thats the answer you will get from DEC, retailers, etc. Where did I say that I believe thats who is buying it. I actually dont give a rats patoot who buys it. I really dont care who uses it either. I just get a kick out of people that post pictures of their cams with a big bait pile and then get all defensive when someone gives them crap for it.

previous post still stands.  just saw a much bigger deer on cam in 3 separate pictures that's 30-40" bigger than that with almost twice the points.  unless you're the old lady on church rd that uses your social security check to put out a pile of feed corn for a giant buck and other deer you love to watch, don't put out corn.  where everyone can see it.  that includes anywhere in Pine Bush.

People with deer farms or livestock, don't go to Cabela's to buy a single bag at retail price! And they sure as heck don't buy the "commercial" brand that is advertised all over the TV with a picture of a giant buck on the bag.

A store is not responsible for your inability to follow the rules. If it were, every gun store would be responsible if you decided to put more than 7 rounds in your mag or use it to commit a crime.

• Like 4

Just curious.

Why do you think our hunting stores (AKA:  Cabela's, Gander Mountain, etc.) sell "bait" when it is illegal in NYS?

I can stand in my local store and watch idiots walk out with bag after bag of deer food.

Shouldn't our local stores be partly responsible?

exactly......the other day I was in a convenience store and saw they sold all the stuff needed to smoke crack (minus the crack) stupid me thought that they made crack legal........been all down hill since then and it certainly isn't my fault.

• Like 1