QDM is ruining deer hunting

fingerlakesfur

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it doesn't come across like an attempt to piss-off half the membership ..... lol.

I have no problems with QDM, other than the occasional times a few practitioners get a bit evangelistic about it and become a bit "preachy". I do see QDM as being yet another choice for hunters/landowners to be involved in herd management to whatever extent they are willing and capable.

I know that we are having an increasing access problem, but I am not ready to lay that on the backs of those that practice QDM. In fact, if I were to lay blame on anyone for access problems I would have to put it back on hunters who have looked at trespass as an entitlement and who have been rather abusive toward landowners in terms of the way they have treated the land. There's always a reason behind those posted signs. Usually there is some episode of abuse that has forced the landowner to spend cash and effort to put up and maintain all those signs.

• Like 5

What exactly is a "kill group"?

ha.....  rob around it would mean this...A pickup truck  with the bed lined with Orange clad guys ,barrels sticking in the air driving down the roads looking to get on any non posted/ known out of state land owners property for a quick shoot and scoot. I see them drive by at least once a year...and they usual contain not one guy that actually lives on the hill.

• Like 1

I would like to see how big a check anyone would write a farmer to lease his lands hunting rights if he "brings in kill groups" of non paying outsiders...He also brought up another reason why I don't allow trappers...ROOT HUNTING...yep I will sit here and wonder if the land owners know that....

I can show you a handful in 6G and 8M.. They lease out for bow and opening of shotgun and then the family hunts as they please. Big money only wants the property for a couple 3 weeks and they dont step back into the woods. they kill their shooter bucks and whatever does and back to the city they go. I have had the offer myself. Guys with money that dont hunt alot spends massive amounts of cash to lock down great land for their week or two of hunting.

I love the new member posts this time of year.

"Hi, I'm a deer hunter and would like to be a part of your community, I'll probably just post a few times in the fall and then go dormant. However I'd like to introduce myself by telling half of you that you're idiots and TGFY"

lol

Edited by Belo
  • Like 4

I love the new member posts this time of year.

"Hi, I'm a deer hunter and would like to be a part of your community, I'll probably just post a few times in the fall and then go dormant. However I'd like to introduce myself by telling half of you that you're idiots and TGFY"

lol

Actually, I'd consider this guy very perceptive and smart.  He gets to the meat of the matter from the get go.  He figures it all out in one post, while some of us have made thousands of post and still haven't been able to say it any better.  LOL

ha.....  rob around it would mean this...A pickup truck  with the bed lined with Orange clad guys ,barrels sticking in the air driving down the roads looking to get on any non posted/ known out of state land owners property for a quick shoot and scoot. I see them drive by at least once a year...and they usual contain not one guy that actually lives on the hill.

every time you post you make your area sound more and more like a bandit, poacher infested war zone. I have no doubt you have your issues, but I always get this image of you standing in your yard just looking for something that pisses you off.

• Like 2

Actually, I'd consider this guy very perceptive and smart.  He gets to the meat of the matter from the get go.  He figures it all out in one post, while some of us have made thousands of post and still haven't been able to say it any better.  LOL

fair point lol. but if you want to have an intelligent discussion you need to back it up with some credibility and some common courtesy to discuss it civilly.

Starting out that way just makes you sound like an ignorant d-bag troll.

It seems that everyone is not on board with the QDM mantra. Free thinkers still have their place around this campfire. Please do not call him names. If you disagree with his points, address them in the best way you can. We are better than making these "ad hominem" attacks which is becoming too frequent here.

It seems that everyone is not on board with the QDM mantra. Free thinkers still have their place around this campfire. Please do not call him names. If you disagree with his points, address them in the best way you can. We are better than making these "ad hominem" attacks which is becoming too frequent here.

Luckily there isn't a mandate or law requiring a hunter or landowner to practice QDM. If he doesn't like it then don't practice it. But what he described in NOT QDM and he was an A$$ in his approach.

• Like 1

I believe you're missing the point. Nobody is "upset" at his opinion, it's how he presented it. By calling names first. Or did you miss that part?

I don't agree with posting his personal info and making it that personal.  Online bullying starts that way and can get a bit vicious.  Some might see it all and run with it a little too far.  HOWEVER....... HAHA!.... don't call him names?? really??  he basically took the first shot and called many on here an idiot and said we're ruining hunting.  if cupcake didn't care for heat he wouldn't have started a fire.  i'll keep it civil though....

his post was really beyond his control.  he's huffed beaver castor, feces, and urine one too many times and apparently that's getting to him.  maybe if we all encouraged him lay off it a little while, he could convey thoughts of wisdom that do not seem to be derived from the anal region.  you know what if he's willing to accept, I'll donate at least a handful of coyote pelts with 300 win mag holes in them to help pay for his rehabilitation.  come on folks lets help the guy out!