Too many coyotes

Fishon

Good for you guys it's just about coyote season so you won't have to control your secrecy and silence much longer.

Make sure to post some pics.

We don't usually see more than 5 yote kills posted here a year anyhow from deer hunters.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Good for you guys it's just about coyote season so you won't have to control your secrecy and silence much longer.

Make sure to post some pics.

We don't usually see more than 5 yote kills posted here a year anyhow from deer hunters.

Good luck!

I'll start it off wooly. :)

Oldie but goody...........

coyote.jpg

And from last year........

IMG_6296_zpsbe89d4c8.jpg

• Like 7

I like that first photo......I was gonna say thanks for saving a deers life, but then I looked on the ground next to you........

You haven't heard the story? (grin)

I shot the doe first.  Gutted her and drug her from across the gully to my side then climbed back up in the stand, waiting on a buck.

20 minutes later I saw the first 'yote sneaking along, looking at the gut pile.  Shot that one, skidded it over next to the doe and climbed back up in the stand.

20 minutes later the 2nd 'yote arrived on the seen.  You know what happened next already................... :)

90 minutes of action from start to finish.  Oh yea, all shot with the T/C Encore 50cal ML.

Pretty good day afield!

All the hides from the three 'yotes above were tanned.  Two are in my family room and the other was sold.

• Like 7

Hey predate, is it just the picture but that bucks body size looks oddly small. Seems to be a real nice 1 1/2 yr old with a nice rack, but that body just something odd about it? Maybe im just use to large farm bodied deer. That buck is like a 6 month old buck body wise in my area. Not poking fun, just something that really stood out when i saw the picture. Nevertheless, nice combo!!!!

Here's one of mine on opening day of gun season 2013

This pic was taken approximately 45 minutes after sunrise and I was home eating backstrap by 8:30-9:00 :dancer:

eb949966-1551-4d54-9543-bc469e728dfc_zps

Predate, I like your Remington auto.  12 gauge or 20?

Edited by Mr VJP

I've yet to see one while actually out hunting....heard em, but never saw any.

I often think many deer hunters do not see coyote while deer hunting because they are wearing blaze orange.  Coyotes can see that very well and are smart enough to avoid it.

No dedicated coyote hunter ever wears blaze orange.

Edited by Mr VJP

Hey predate, is it just the picture but that bucks body size looks oddly small. Seems to be a real nice 1 1/2 yr old with a nice rack, but that body just something odd about it? Maybe im just use to large farm bodied deer. That buck is like a 6 month old buck body wise in my area. Not poking fun, just something that really stood out when i saw the picture. Nevertheless, nice combo!!!!

I agree about the buck.  It appears to be a young deer that had good genetics and had a nice rack in year 1.5.

This was one of the few Spring turkey seasons I didn't have one or at least see one sneak in to get me .The johnny stewart will be getting a work out this fall.

Hmm, I can't recall ever seeing any during spring gobbler season. 

Strange.......

During deer season its another story though, I've seen quite a few I couldn't get a poke at.  They have very sharp eyes and a pretty fair sniffer!!