LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I researched the tick spray that you put on your clothes. It appears to be very effective, survives multiple washes, and has been studied for military use and is considered safe for regular military use, which is something like daily wear for 10-20 years, something along those lines. It's on amazon. Supposedly the ticks just die like mad on your clothing. Still need to check inside, but it's much more effective than normal skin sprays.

I'll have to look into that spray..it's there a small to it.

Get Permetherin.. works great and does not smell only when you apply it. once it drys you are good to go. They are bad here in 7R...

Yep that's the stuff. Odds of lyme disease if a tick is on you for 24 hours are really quite high in this area, not worth the risk. It is not always easy to see them. Frost does not kill them. I do think they may get quite large this time of year so easier to see, but that stuff is inexpensive, certainly safer than flirting with lyme disease, and a worthwhile thing to buy IMO. Reviews are raving on amazon, too.

• Like 3

I can say before we left for Iraq in 2005 they had our cammies sprayed with permethrin. I couldn't smell a thing. I however didn't trust our govt at that time and washed them multiple times prior to wearing it. We where just told they where sprayed with a insect repellent called permethrin, no one ever heard of it at that time so get it off!! I'd use it now though.

Not bad here in 8f, I mean my father has had a few on him but not me personally

That's like the difference between a recession and a depression It's a recession when your neighbors out of work and a depression when you are !

Trust me in Webster (8f) there are tons of ticks and Lymn disease . I know several dogs that had it ( mine was exposed but did not present ) a few people that have had it and I have been put on antibiotics for it , which is sop for Dr.s in the town for anyone with a tick on them

Dead as a ghost in 8N.  Sat all day

Ticks are a huge problem in Rochester area.  There have been inumerous cases of Lyme Disease here and I know several that have tested positive.  As Larry said above, it is standard practice for anyone exposed to a tick to be treated for Lyme given the high percentage of ticks infected with Lyme here. 

Both of my dogs have tested positive for Lyme.  When we let them out, we pick off 3-4 ticks once they come back in.  It has been a horrible year for ticks

Edited by gastrodoc

Hearing lots of reports of dead Bucks on the roads. Saw two myself today coming back from the processors. Heart breaking.

Saw two nice ones driving out yesterday morning .... Couple seconds later n I probly woulda wacked the second one! Actually prompted me to try an impromptu hunt this morning as he came off of public land .... Wouldn't that be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, let's see how this goes... Either one of the stupidest decisions I've ever made or one of the best .... Gotta make moves sometimes.... Saw a nice buck coming out of a hedgerow thicket yesterday morning drivin in ... Scouted the area before but not like I'm set up ... Corn borders the hedge tow with about 50 yds of leeway .... I'm literally 7 or 8 ft up in about the only tree I could make work with a little trimming , scrape right below me , real thick branches n vines for a backdrop with the leafy suit on so might be ok .... It's a war paint kinda day .... Let's go , your move !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Have to go later...appointments...good thing... I am stiff from the work yesterday .....

biggest buck(rack) I have gotten was in a stand that was in an open woods no brush and 8ft high...he came directly at me at 11am from up hill so we were at eye level( I nearly closed my eyes so he wouldn't see them)...shot him at 10 yrds passing me...you should be good!  

• Like 1