LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

You guys sitting trees today are nuts! LOL

I did my final SZ scouts on two state lands in 4A this morning, no trees crashing down but the widow makers were dropping pretty bad. I also wanted to hit an area in 4B, but came home.

I was planning to hit the NZ for an evening deer hunt but seeing I didn't see one deer, squirrel, or even heard a bird in the morning SZ, I am sitting out the afternoon/evening in NZ.

I went stillhunting this afternoon in 4F. Saw a decent buck sniffing the ground like a bloodhound. He was a little too far away and did not respond to my grunting. Then he took off.

About 1 hour later I came on a group of does and as I was trying to sneak closer I hear grunting and see some commotion. It is a buck chasing the girls around. Some of the does take off slowly as I get closer, and the buck and a doe move away over a little knoll. 5 mins later and I catch up with the buck. It is only a 4 point and now he is walking towards me. I decide that he looks pretty small and he walks past me at 14 yards. I am not even behind a tree. Finally he makes it downwind from me and realizes something is up and high-tails it.

Was a pretty cool experience and I got to listen to him grunt at the girls, so I figured I learned a lot.

Going out tomorrow morning, since the rut is finally on!

• Like 2

I'm hunting in 4F and watched bucks chasing does yesterday and today.  Had a shot at a nice size doe yesterday but she came in on my right side and I shot under her.  Saw another buck moving through the area yesterday and could not get his attention.  Seeing most of the deer on state land.  I am also using Tink's bombs.

My wife and I braved the elements tonight and headed to a friends farm.  As we arrived to the stands there was already a nice buck and two does in the field and we ended up bumping them back into the brush. Around 4:45 I looked up and saw this guy standing in a clearing on the neighbors about 100 yds away. Unfortunately, he was directly downwind and knew something was up. It was nice to see him on the hoof, what a beautiful deer...a real stud for a 3.5 year old.

zIMAG0377.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 5

Hoping that's what middlesex looks like cause I'm omw there .. good luck boys I'm dropping a buck today !!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No snow down here, but everything is soggy so it should allow for a quiet walk in this morning. Let me know if ya need help dragging ol'droptine out!

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk