LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

no hunting for me until friday I haven't been out since opening week of gun I can't wait.

just drove from buffalo to ogdensburg and back to buffalo today very long day but some very nice scenery and the armory in ogdensburg was pretty sweet looking

• Like 1

no hunting for me until friday I haven't been out since opening week of gun I can't wait.

just drove from buffalo to ogdensburg and back to buffalo today very long day but some very nice scenery and the armory in ogdensburg was pretty sweet looking

I was in the Burg today also...Sort of playing hooky from work..I always liked the armory there also...

I was in the Burg today also...Sort of playing hooky from work..I always liked the armory there also...

I've never been there before I drove out yo cut down the old flag pole at the armory and install.a new one didn't 2 hrs working lol its a very neat town and plenty of cool old towns along the way
  • Like 1

I've never been there before I drove out yo cut down the old flag pole at the armory and install.a new one didn't 2 hrs working lol its a very neat town and plenty of cool old towns along the way

10 hrs is a lot of road time for 2 hrs of work...lol...

I live about 15 min south of town

We roll thru Ogdensburg on the way home from Messena visiting friends summer place. That's Gods country up there

Yeah , its kind of funny. When I travel downstate , even many miles outside some of the cities ,Rochester,Buffalo or Syracuse, it feels like a rat race... Way too

people-ly... Lol

• Like 1

Yeah , its kind of funny. When I travel downstate , even many miles outside some of the cities ,Rochester,Buffalo or Syracuse, it feels like a rat race... Way too

people-ly... Lol

You think thats bad try driving closer to NYC .  I drive 33 miles to work and the drive home takes 1.5 hrs one way. Too many cars and people thats why I love it up state.

• Like 2

My father still lives in Ogdensburg. I went to school in Canton. HATE the drive up Rt 11, some of those small towns are 10-11 miles long! I usually take 81 to 12 to get to Dad's.  He still owns a diner up there. 

My father still lives in Ogdensburg. I went to school in Canton. HATE the drive up Rt 11, some of those small towns are 10-11 miles long! I usually take 81 to 12 to get to Dad's.  He still owns a diner up there. 

I went to school in Canton, too.  At St. Lawrence.  I love it up there.

yea I took 81 in and out. that's a hell of a dive that you do from your place up to letchworth.

Lol  Just about every weekend except the 1 week stays. Headed back Friday night at 6pm for one last go around with the muzzy. Took a couple more does off the park last weekend with the end of shotgun.

Lol Just about every weekend except the 1 week stays. Headed back Friday night at 6pm for one last go around with the muzzy. Took a couple more does off the park last weekend with the end of shotgun.

thats some dedication but the hunting in letchworth really is phenomenal plenty of deer and some very big bucks. I bet yous do pretty well this weekend especially with the snow on the way and if they close the park roads you'll ptetty much have the park to yourself good luck
  • Like 1