LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

I've been out all day in 4U, only deer I've seen were two I jumped right as I got where I wanted to sit this morning. Have moved around all day as its been a great day for it, haven't seen squat. Found a great spot to sit til sunset hoping it produces. Good luck all

Edited by DCHunts

After hunting most of the day today, I finally see a buck late this afternoon.  Couldn't get a good shot-heavy brush at first, then only an opening for a couple of seconds.  Grunted him still, but when he stopped he was in heavy brush again.  Then disappeared.

Just good to see one.  Got one with the bow, but this is first buck I've seen after bow season.

I've had too many disturbances at my spot.  A woman keeps bringing her dang dogs for a walk all over the woods.  She was out there this afternoon at 2.  

• Like 1

I shoot the northern. I think walk on is $8. There are several clubs you have to check the paper on the previous sunday. These are the clubs that host:

Allied Sportsmen of WNY, Erie County Conservation, Wilson Conservation, and Wood & Brook, Hawkeye

Southown league starts Jan 3rd....great time, and an awesome way to say sharp.

Clubs that we shoot are

Evans Rod& Gun

Collins conservation club

Glen Coe

West Falls

Shoot is 15 targets, and unlimited practice at the butts...most clubs also offer breakfast or lunch for a small fee.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally! The last hour in my stand tonite brought the first real snow of the year! It's 8:30 now and there is about an inch and a half on the deck. I can't wait until morning. Some of my favorite stands require snow in order to have half a chance to spot deer moving in the thick brush. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Was out ALL day in 7F. Buddy passed on a button buck mid day. 

At 4:25 finally saw deer in the upper, upper field. A Nice buck with 2 doe. Thing is it was 440 yards out. 

I checked the chart. I needed to be 137.5 inches high to hit the target.  Lol 

Headed to 7 M for last hoorah!! 

Was out ALL day in 7F. Buddy passed on a button buck mid day.

At 4:25 finally saw deer in the upper, upper field. A Nice buck with 2 doe. Thing is it was 440 yards out.

I checked the chart. I needed to be 137.5 inches high to hit the target. Lol

Headed to 7 M for last hoorah!!

137 inches high? How heavy was the rock you were going to throw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After hunting most of the day today, I finally see a buck late this afternoon. Couldn't get a good shot-heavy brush at first, then only an opening for a couple of seconds. Grunted him still, but when he stopped he was in heavy brush again. Then disappeared.

Just good to see one. Got one with the bow, but this is first buck I've seen after bow season.

I've had too many disturbances at my spot. A woman keeps bringing her dang dogs for a walk all over the woods. She was out there this afternoon at 2.

She is not to bright walking in the woods during gun season...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1