Your "MUST HAVE (s)" in the woods

firehunter48

I good comfortable seat cushion, that don't make noise. I invested in a good one years back and it helps for the long watch. I good pair of gloves and a Hotshot finger saver, a fleece camo baklava. A good pair of Boots & wool socks. NO cotton at all it gets wet and stays cold and wet. Never skimp on warmth or comfort you'll pay for it if you do. 

Backpack with, foam seat, 2 Compass, GPS, knife, flashlights with extra batteries, fire starters, lighters, smokes, extra gloves, sweat suit, rain gear, gloves, facemask, balaclava, 2 soda's, chips, trail mix, fat sandwich, tp, wet wipes and first aid kit, extra ammo.  ADK

Bow on LI I drop the extra clothes, batteries a flashlight, fire starters and bring a range finder and extra release, just finished dousing the clothes in Permethrin!  The list goes on, good boots, I have a few pairs now, parker, camo baseball cap, my buddy Mike Mac (He brings me good luck!) and Halloween candy!  Just know that if I OD on chocolate I was Happy when I went!

Backpack with, foam seat, 2 Compass, GPS, knife, flashlights with extra batteries, fire starters, lighters, smokes, extra gloves, sweat suit, rain gear, gloves, facemask, balaclava, 2 soda's, chips, trail mix, fat sandwich, tp, wet wipes and first aid kit, extra ammo. ADK

Bow on LI I drop the extra clothes, batteries a flashlight, fire starters and bring a range finder and extra release, just finished dousing the clothes in Permethrin! The list goes on, good boots, I have a few pairs now, parker, camo baseball cap, my buddy Mike Mac (He brings me good luck!) and Halloween candy! Just know that if I OD on chocolate I was Happy when I went!

Where can one find the permethrin?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i carry a bunch of small stuff but things i won't go without are a small Lansky pocket knife, small flashlight, windchecker puff bottle, and rangefinder.  beyond that the obvious weapon to kill the deer and my license.  those are the bare necessities.  rangefinder doubles as binos being 6x.

I am a self proclaimed godless heathen...

Although wolc 123 refers to his faith often, I have not seen him "pushing" it on anybody else..

As long as he doesn't preach to me ( and I have not witnessed him preaching to anybody)  he's OK with me....

I  think it's rude to deride a person because of his religious convictions  UNLESS  he is deriding other people because of thiers, or their lack thereof...

wolc 123 has not done this to my knowledge...

Yes sir.

I am not quite considered a "Heathen", but I do believe the world is too great to be caught in one philosophy.

Mine starts with being respectful to others, which certainly is stepped over starting this topic.

I routinely don't read certain forum members posts because they are immature/ rude/ ignorant (I am not referring to anyone in this topic!).

Wolc 123 enjoyment is heightened by his spiritual connections to the outdoors...I appreciate that. He isn't rude or condescending to anyone, and should not be treated as such. The internet is breeding rudeness through its impersonal nature.

Now! Why, when the thread is of Must Haves in the woods, does it get sidetracked by taking swipes in the first place?

(and My Church is the woods, where I can see a creators glory in every view, breath and sound!!)

• Like 1

I have nothing against him, just the way he forces his religion onto a hunting forum in every post he makes. If you took offense to a little joke, then I'm sorry you took it seriously.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/putyourpinkyinmyass

I myself have ripped him a few times for his "arrows being guided by god". But in no way shape or form did he force anything on anyone with his post. The guy just stated he carries his bible with it. Your response is that you would wipe your ass with it?

I myself have ripped him a few times for his "arrows being guided by god". But in no way shape or form did he force anything on anyone with his post. The guy just stated he carries his bible with it. Your response is that you would wipe your ass with it?

No, just a good read when you're in a pinch.

Wait, is that what you were implying?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

as a catholic and an engineer I can tell you there are many old practices and beliefs that the church needs to just accept are wrong. But there are many things about science that have been disproven over the years. Even the laws of physics come into question with some of the dark matter and black holes and tackions. Nothing is ever for certain. There isn't even proof that death is final.

I'll admit to rolling my eyes at a few of wol 123 's posts. But he has never pushed anything on anybody here, that I've seen. Except crossbow inclusion and I support that too! He seems to be a hard working family man that likes hunting and fishing. No problem with that! Every man should have the right to believe what he wants to believe. And as long as he's not causing harm or pushing it to others, no big deal. I believe a cheap shot was taken on wol123 and the bible. JMO.

• Like 2

guess I travel heavy for all day hunts:

• 1 liter or more of water
  • back packing stove with fuel canister
  • lighter
  • 2 cup pot & cup
  • soup
  • apple cider mix
  • apples
  • crackers
  • rope
  • compass
  • map
  • phone
  • 2m HT radio (sometimes no cell service)
  • pocket-sized camera
  • the "can"
  • antlers from my first buck (for rattling)
  • extra ammo
  • head lamp
  • extra flash light (it sucks if batteries die or the bulb fails)
  • pocket knife
  • hunting knife
  • hot seat
  • extra gloves
  • warmers (foot/toe, hand, & body)
  • extra set of car keys
  • gun back scabbard

If rain is expected then add rain gear.

If severe, unsafe weather, then i leave all the gear, the gun locked up and pull out Cabela's Big Game Hunter for a couple hours.

• Like 1

guess I travel heavy for all day hunts:

• 1 liter or more of water
  • back packing stove with fuel canister
  • lighter
  • 2 cup pot & cup
  • soup
  • apple cider mix
  • apples
  • crackers
  • rope
  • compass
  • map
  • phone
  • 2m HT radio (sometimes no cell service)
  • pocket-sized camera
  • the "can"
  • antlers from my first buck (for rattling)
  • extra ammo
  • head lamp
  • extra flash light (it sucks if batteries die or the bulb fails)
  • pocket knife
  • hunting knife
  • hot seat
  • extra gloves
  • warmers (foot/toe, hand, & body)
  • extra set of car keys
  • gun back scabbard

If rain is expected then add rain gear.

If severe, unsafe weather, then i leave all the gear, the gun locked up and pull out Cabela's Big Game Hunter for a couple hours.

You forgot PACK MULE to haul all that crap in

• Like 2