Your "MUST HAVE (s)" in the woods

firehunter48

What a crappy thread.

I have Tim Horton's Camo Brown napkins in EVERY pocket I can find of my pants, coat and shirt. 

Baby wipes might be good in warm weather but I bet they'd be a bit nippy in the cold??  Do they burn well??  Are the bio degradable like napkins??  

To the fellow that CAN'T crap in the woods, I don't believe that is possible for any hunter that spends all day in the woods.  Do you hunt for an hour at a crack or what? (pun there)

• Like 2

What a crappy thread.

I have Tim Horton's Camo Brown napkins in EVERY pocket I can find of my pants, coat and shirt.

Baby wipes might be good in warm weather but I bet they'd be a bit nippy in the cold?? Do they burn well?? Are the bio degradable like napkins??

To the fellow that CAN'T crap in the woods, I don't believe that is possible for any hunter that spends all day in the woods. Do you hunt for an hour at a crack or what? (pun there)

Nope...lol...I choose wisely on what I eat during deer season especially if I know all day sits are coming witch are limited for me...but I do ok most of time my dad thinks I'm crazy too but idk it's just a thing of mine....I will get to truck asap if really that bad....obviously I would in a dire need....but I'd probably have to be dying...lol....

Side note....I'm assuming most of you climb outta stand to get it done.....?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's actually a great suggestion. Sometimes I run out of TP, the bible would be great to have around in a pinch

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

LOL....I actually wrote something similar and erased it, just couldn't bring myself to post it..........glad to see someone stepped up.

Edited by jjb4900

That's actually a great suggestion. Sometimes I run out of TP, the bible would be great to have around in a pinch

That's way over the line man. WOLC123 might not be your buddy (or mine), but there's no need for that. You're treading on a lot of people, posting stuff like that.

• Like 3

When I hunt, I hunt dark - dark and can't remember the last time I crapped in the woods. Maybe out west when it was a few miles back to the truck. But here in NY, with a short walk to the car and ride home I just wait till I get home. It does help that I don't drink coffee when I hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

This one is easy for me...  I do not leave the cabin without my Camo Hand Muff.  The reason being, I refuse to wear any glove on my shooting hand, only my release.  I do not like gloves, even if their fingerless, too much material and bulkiness.  I do wear a glove on my left hand though.  On really cold days I will open a hot hands warmer packet or two and place them in the muff.  It literally warms the entire muff. 

Actually I'm a once a day man, right after getting up in the morning. One and done .

Every once in a while , due to getting up early to hunt I have to use the woods upon arrival .

Btw a few in a Baggie in your inside coat pocket keeps,them warm for the tender "foots " out there.

• Like 4

Things sure have gotten crazy in this country lately with so many folks making "sport" of defacing Bibles.  On vacation down in Gettysburg PA this summer, I opened up the one in the hotel room and someone had written obscenities all over pages.  I had a tough time explaining that to my kids.   All we can do is pray that those folks get their act together before it is too late.   When posting things publicly, think it over a little bit prior to submittal.   Don't be so quick to hand satan the wheel.  He will lead you astray and cause you to loose every time (for it is written you know where).           

PS, once a day for me too.  Never had any need for TP in the woods.   

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Hard to believe, but some guys leave the woods and go back to cabins/houses or even drive to the nearest gas station to do their business. It's like they are afraid to drop their trousers away from a real toilet bowl. Either that or they are afraid that a chipmunk might get to see their bare ass. LOL

That's way over the line man. WOLC123 might not be your buddy (or mine), but there's no need for that. You're treading on a lot of people, posting stuff like that.

I have nothing against him, just the way he forces his religion onto a hunting forum in every post he makes. If you took offense to a little joke, then I'm sorry you took it seriously.

• Like 1

Hard to believe, but some guys leave the woods and go back to cabins/houses or even drive to the nearest gas station to do their business. It's like they are afraid to drop their trousers away from a real toilet bowl. Either that or they are afraid that a chipmunk might get to see their bare ass. LOL

Mines strictly a comfort thing i guess I could carry a seat out with me...lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i am sure the woods have to be cleaner than any gas station toilet

I have a bucket in my stand

Edited by Paula

Kind of wish I bought those camo undies they had on sale at Cabela's for occasions like this.

My fiancé always hooks it up with baby wipes when she goes grocery shopping.

I always bring my knife, a water bottle, and my piss bottle so i can take a leak if i have to

Just piss off the stand. I've mastered the art years ago

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seems my name is appropriate for this thread....I must have a handful of Peanut Chews with me in the woods-passed down from my hunting partners late grandfather. While nostalgic, they are also a great activator to employ the TP. No better place to make the pants fit better. I "smell" a new thread brewing.....outdoor commode techniques???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nothing against him, just the way he forces his religion onto a hunting forum in every post he makes. If you took offense to a little joke, then I'm sorry you took it seriously.

I get where he's a little too much, but joking about wiping my ass with the Bible doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Along the lines of TP, I never go hunting without it anymore. I accidentally used poison ivy one time when I didn't bring TP. It was before I had learned what ivy looks like. It's funny to look back on it, but it was bad. Real bad. On the bright side, I seem to have built up an immunity after that.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

I get where he's a little too much, but joking about wiping my ass with the Bible doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Along the lines of TP, I never go hunting without it anymore. I accidentally used poison ivy one time when I didn't bring TP. It was before I had learned what I've looks like. It's funny to look back on it, but it was bad. Real bad. On the bright side, I seem to have built up an immunity after that.

Better keep up with regular doses of that stuff, or you might lose immunity one day

In regards to the religious comment, although I respect where you are coming from, it's a two way street. I'll remove my joke if he removes all his posts.