Cold hands problems....

zeus1gdsm

So I am on the search for warm gloves this year.

Last year I used a combination of army wool green liner gloves and then a set of thinsulate 150g wool flip top gloves. Where flipping the mitten exposed your bare fingers. Or rather exposed my green army liners.

This system works simply because of the wool insulating when wet. However towards the end of the season I cramming into my pockets and generally had freezing hands..

So I have been looking into a new glove large enough to allow the use of the wool liners and also have ahead insulation on them.

As of right now I've been to every local store and spent time online and I'm not finding any 3xl gloves with suitable insulation. And when I have found them they are 50$ which is a bit more then I'd like to spend.

So I've started looking into a muff... Using a chemical warmer inside..

Anyone have any experience with a muff? Recommended?

Know of a quality glove in 3xl? In realtree preferably :)

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I picked up a muff at Bass Pro last week up in Canada.  They had a camo one with a large zippered pocket for storage and a separate pocket in the middle for a chemical warmer.  That's the one I got.  For $10 less, they had a plain one that was camo on one side and blaze orange on the other.    Previously, I used a heavy insulated mitten on my left hand and a light thinsulate glove on my right, always having a chemical warmer in my right jacket pocket.   They are calling for 20's in the Northern zone next weekend so it looks like I will get to try the muff out.   

I get the same issue. My hands and feet get cold fast in low temps. Fount how to deal with the feet with good wool socks and a size bigger boot. Been doing that for years. Gloves, I haven't found a cure yet. I have a pair of fleece gloves that work OK while still hunting, but sitting not so much and end up stuffing my hands in my pockets while sitting as well. I might try the muff now that it was recommended. At least for gun hunting. How well does the muff work for bow? Does it get in the way when drawing and shooting?

I have the cabelas Canadian stand hunter gloves. They are huge and have 1000 grams of insulation. Perfect for stand hunting. The also have a trigger finger zip and removable liner

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

d80113341828672cd67ff5b7209b7521.jpg

"Perfect for stand hunting"

How have I managed for all these years without them?  Oh yea, I have pockets, light insulated gloves and handwarmers.

You aren't getting a quick shot off with  those monsters!

"Perfect for stand hunting"

How have I managed for all these years without them? Oh yea, I have pockets, light insulated gloves and handwarmers.

You aren't getting a quick shot off with those monsters!

Your hand is in a liner that slides right out. Its more of an individual muff than a constrictive mitten. U can probably get your hand out of these just as fast as your pockets but unlike your pockets, you have the ability to move and use ur hands.

• Like 1

Your hand is in a liner that slides right out. Its more of an individual muff than a constrictive mitten. U can probably get your hand out of these just as fast as your pockets but unlike your pockets, you have the ability to move and use ur hands.

Where do these go when you're in a hurry or a deer shows up on your doorstep unnoticed and you need to restrict movement?

They just aren't practical..................

Where do these go when you're in a hurry or a deer shows up on your doorstep unnoticed and you need to restrict movement?

They just aren't practical..................

The one glove that comes off will hang from the sleeve that it's attached to so it's really no biggie. What I do know is that my hands will be warm no matter how long I'll have to sit out there. The same amount of movement it takes to take your hand out of your pocket is the same or more that's needed to remove your hand from that glove or a regular muff but to each is own. The great thing about this world is that we all have options and we choose what we see fit.