Camp food....

growalot

Pizza and wings Thursday night. Spaghetti, raviolis and venison meatballs Friday and Saturday night. Eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Genoa salami and provolone sandwiches for lunches and other munchies in the backpack for all day sits. Can't wait!!!

Pizza and wings Thursday night. Spaghetti, raviolis and venison meatballs Friday and Saturday night. Eggs, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Genoa salami and provolone sandwiches for lunches and other munchies in the backpack for all day sits. Can't wait!!!

PM me directions please : ) Nice array of eats. No camp here but egg salad sammich , thermos of coffee , venison jerky and daughters leftover Halloween candy an opening day ritual

You guys ever heard of a pie-iron? Best camp cooking tool ever. Those are pizzas in this pic. You can cook pretty much anything you can imagine in it. Grilled cheese, bannock, pbj, pancakes, eggs, burger, on & on. Once the iron gets hot, it only takes about a minute to cook whatever's in it. The best part is it's easy cleanup and I can cook while sitting on the couch in front of the fire.

post-1188-0-87921500-1447691316_thumb.jp

8#'s of jerky marinating,  deer heart in pickle juice and will be sending down cookies and venison french  veggie soup...usually one of the guests bring down chili and Mr B won't cook at home...... but does a fine job feeding the guys at camp. So they'll have lots to eat. Then  after Thursday it's Thanks Giving left overs...

You guys ever heard of a pie-iron? Best camp cooking tool ever. Those are pizzas in this pic. You can cook pretty much anything you can imagine in it. Grilled cheese, bannock, pbj, pancakes, eggs, burger, on & on. Once the iron gets hot, it only takes about a minute to cook whatever's in it. The best part is it's easy cleanup and I can cook while sitting on the couch in front of the fire.

Yes, we call them Mountain Pie Makers though. We usually make Pizza one and then biscuits with either blue berry or cherry pie filling. 

LOL, I borrowed one of those from a co worker to go to ASP last year to camp. Fire was "barely" hot I thought. The end melted in seconds in front of my eyes. Like it was made of butter. Still don't know what I did wrong. That sucked as we had planned on using it more than the first night.

LOL, I borrowed one of those from a co worker to go to ASP last year to camp. Fire was "barely" hot I thought. The end melted in seconds in front of my eyes. Like it was made of butter. Still don't know what I did wrong. That sucked as we had planned on using it more than the first night.

Was it one of the aluminum ones? Never used one of them, but they seem kinda junky.

I've got cast iron ones, & they've gotten red hot (by accident), but never melted.

We do pies in them. Soft white bread, buttered and  choice of pie filling. when we don't have a camp fire I do them right on the propane stove top...lol

• Like 1

I am at camp Friday and all next week. over the season there are a few staples that always are requested. Venison chili, stew. fajitas and  stroganoff. Of course for some breakfasts there is venison summer sausage, egg and cheese on a English muffin or grilled hard roll.

This reply has me wondering what effects human farts have on deer. That disgusting, over-powering, stench wafting through the woods has got to stop a deer right in its tracks. :stinker:

On the other hand, the diet you are listing here might work out pretty good. All you will have to do is to go out and pick up the "passed-out" deer bodies.

Another thought: Can a deer run & puke at the same time? :bad:

Just some curious questions and thoughts coming from an idle mind when it really is too early in the morning to do much else. .....lol.

• Like 1

This reply has me wondering what effects human farts have on deer. That disgusting, over-powering, stench wafting through the woods has got to stop a deer right in its tracks. :stinker:

On the other hand, the diet you are listing here might work out pretty good. All you will have to do is to go out and pick up the "passed-out" deer bodies.

Another thought: Can a deer run & puke at the same time? :bad:

Just some curious questions and thoughts coming from an idle mind when it really is too early in the morning to do much else. .....lol.

Why Doc. Scent "lock" clothing solves any of those issues. lol