Beer

Dom

Monday night went out to Browns Taproom in Troy. Wife got the Beacon sour and liked it. Sours aren't really my thing but good for what it was. Lemon was the theme.

Got the flight and tried some I haven't had ever or in a while. Checks next to ones on the menu. Hat wobble ipa was hands down the best. Krush lager was 2nd best and comes in cans. Coast to coast ipa good too but not as good as hat wobble. Available in cans though. Brown and amber ales hold their own a bit. The pils was just that and kinda boring.

In honor of brewer that isn't here with us this year. I have oatmeal stout in the fridge and also had the pale ale that night which was good.
Have had the such taste ups and passion fruit melon combo wasn't doing it for me. Cherry raz has a following but it's like drinking beer thru a fruit roll up. No thanks.

Other location wasn't open that night but have or had "peach fuzz" on tap that I really wanted to try. That's it for now besides what's in the fridge.19e28a4580f4e03fe36de4f24122512b.jpg7e9a80558b19201711a8a96453ac5df7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Monday night went out to Browns Taproom in Troy. Wife got the Beacon sour and liked it. Sours aren't really my thing but good for what it was. Lemon was the theme.

Got the flight and tried some I haven't had ever or in a while. Checks next to ones on the menu. Hat wobble ipa was hands down the best. Krush lager was 2nd best and comes in cans. Coast to coast ipa good too but not as good as hat wobble. Available in cans though. Brown and amber ales hold their own a bit. The pils was just that and kinda boring.

In honor of brewer that isn't here with us this year. I have oatmeal stout in the fridge and also had the pale ale that night which was good.
Have had the such taste ups and passion fruit melon combo wasn't doing it for me. Cherry raz has a following but it's like drinking beer thru a fruit roll up. No thanks.

Other location wasn't open that night but have or had "peach fuzz" on tap that I really wanted to try. That's it for now besides what's in the fridge.19e28a4580f4e03fe36de4f24122512b.jpg7e9a80558b19201711a8a96453ac5df7.jpg

Nice review. Mama only likes sours here. I married whom ?!lol 

• Like 1

Nice review. Mama only likes sours here. I married whom ?!lol 

My wife liked the sour and she likes shanties. She's a stout lover though. She wouldn't hesitate drinking an ale or lager either. I don't think I've ever seen her drink a wine cooler or zima.

Wasn't really a beer review but stating how they fell with my subjective preference.

While out last weekend, I saw, 'Dead Man's Ale'.  Anyone ever try it? Might give it a go this weekend? 

If I drink beer, I'm usually just a, 'Coors Lite' kinda guy.  I know, boring..............................

I actually don't drink much alcohol at all anymore.  I know, boring.........................lol.

• Like 1

While out last weekend, I saw, 'Dead Man's Ale'.  Anyone ever try it? Might give it a go this weekend? 
If I drink beer, I'm usually just a, 'Coors Lite' kinda guy.  I know, boring..............................
I actually don't drink much alcohol at all anymore.  I know, boring.........................lol.

Rogue I believe. Had it once many years ago. 91 out so hydration is a must 6a35fd395aa19838014078359725ac74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I used to like it a lot but it is inconsistent to me and expensive for one not near the top of my list anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

e1a19900fb4bc2f9eef11b4bfacef7d5.jpg

First time trying this one. $11 is crazy, but very juicy. Might be better than 18 watt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So almost a DIPA, but not quite?  I'll have to try that if I see any around. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Exploring the sights in Tupper Lake while camping on Corey's Rd.  Went with the Summer Ale as it's pretty interesting.  The IPA was a close second choice.  Good stuff! :drinks:20180720_132942.thumb.jpg.6c4b85c78ab81f6acd25c6a383d97c32.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d977120180720_132942.thumb.jpg.6c4b85c78ab81f6acd25c6a383d97c32.jpg

20180720_133016.jpg

20180720_133044.jpg

I will have to get that shirt when I am there, love it!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Well that scenery sucks ... not ! 

I know I can sit there for hours if it wasn't so hot. Will be nice this fall and winter. It's my son's and daughter in law place love it. My house is in the woods as most of my pics reflect that.