What really irritates you when your hunting ?

fasteddie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this past season my friend takes his quad to his stand for a afternoon hunt and finds a hunter in his ladder stand. the guy in his stand said to my friend that hes trespassing. my friend said, no, this is my land and your in my stand. the guy said your crazy this is not your land.

so my friend said get out of my stand and off my land or else. the guy said screw you.

my friend hooked up his winch to the bottom ladder and started to back up.

the guy tryd to get out real fast but my friend ripped the stand down with the dude in it then beat the living crap out of him. took all his gear and told him if he wants his crap back to come back with the cops.

he has never seen that guy again. got a nice bow out of it tho.

SWEET!

this past season my friend takes his quad to his stand for a afternoon hunt and finds a hunter in his ladder stand. the guy in his stand said to my friend that hes trespassing. my friend said, no, this is my land and your in my stand. the guy said your crazy this is not your land.

so my friend said get out of my stand and off my land or else. the guy said screw you.

my friend hooked up his winch to the bottom ladder and started to back up.

the guy tryd to get out real fast but my friend ripped the stand down with the dude in it then beat the living crap out of him. took all his gear and told him if he wants his crap back to come back with the cops.

he has never seen that guy again. got a nice bow out of it tho.

SWEET!

That is real sweet.....priceless.

I am quite lucky.  Where I have hunted for the past 20 years I rarely if ever have had my hunting interrupted by others.  I do however dislike 4 wheelers also.  If one isn't able to walk, maybe they should then choose a different pastime in my opinion.  I swear that there are people out there who prefer joy riding on those things during hunting season over actually hunting.  Makes absolutely NO sense.

I will make exceptions for disabled people, but the people I see using ATV's are far from disabled.  For most it's pure laziness and maybe the only disabilities they have is eating too many pork rinds and drinking too much soda or beer.  True disabled people using ATV's are a very small minority and most of us will never come across them in the field.

I ride my 4 wheeler around year in the fields and vineyards by my house. I have drive with in 10 feet of deer bedding down and they don't even get up and move.Same with a tractor. I driven right by deer laying down during gun season.  Whats weird if you drive the same area with a truck them deer don't hang out and take right off.

What really bothers me are slob hunters who leave their garbage in the woods. Cans, bottles, bags, sandwich wrappers and even cigarettes. We had a rule when my boys were in the Scouts if you bring it in you carry it out.

Dave

I'm trying to picture just where people could be hunting where ATV traffic could be bothering their hunting. If you're dealing with trespassers, prosecute them. If your on state land, get a good picture of them and contact the DEC because most state land is off-limits to ATVs. If they are being used on private land that you hunt but don't own, they just might have the owner's permission, in which case if it bothers you, it's probably time to move on. If they are using them on adjacent private land, that should be helping you a bit, and at any rate, that is none of your business what happens on neighboring land if it's legal. So just where is all this irritation taking place?

What really bothers me are slob hunters who leave their garbage in the woods. Cans, bottles, bags, sandwich wrappers and even cigarettes. We had a rule when my boys were in the Scouts if you bring it in you carry it out.

Dave

That bothers me too. You know what I find a lot of are these plastic party balloons littering the middle of the woods. Once they're turned loose, nobody knows (or apparently cares) just where they will wind up. As far as the other trash, I usually come out of the woods with my pockets stuffed with surveyor's tape, plastic baggies, beer and soft drink bottles and cans, candy wrappers, and all kinds of other crap that people just throw on the ground. people just don't give a darn about anything anymore. By the way, it's not just hunters either. Most of the trash that I find is along the mountain bike trails that are used by bikers and hikers.

I'm trying to picture just where people could be hunting where ATV traffic could be bothering their hunting. If you're dealing with trespassers, prosecute them. If your on state land, get a good picture of them and contact the DEC because most state land is off-limits to ATVs. If they are being used on private land that you hunt but don't own, they just might have the owner's permission, in which case if it bothers you, it's probably time to move on. If they are using them on adjacent private land, that should be helping you a bit, and at any rate, that is none of your business what happens on neighboring land if it's legal. So just where is all this irritation taking place?

Took the words right out of my mouth Doc!

I can say more common sense use would be nice..like if you must ride one then go a bit earlier..stay in the woods past dark..and wear a damn helmet..we have an adjoining  county forestry..when i called..the dec officer basically said they arent gonna enforce it..lack of cash and they dont have a 4 wheeler anymore..thats erie county for ya..

Well Doc, we did call DEC on the crew that bugs us, two years running. They like to tresspass and bait and hunt out of season too, even after getting a nice fat fine they still do it. Some ATV'rs don't care just like some hunters don't care. My two favorites occurred during turkey season, the first was some dude cruising through ruining the birds coming in and the second was last year. There we are working some Tom's in the feild when all of a sudden these two guys come up in the woods in a old Jeep grinning like they were in love.

Besides people with disabilities, I agree on the ATV thing. Too gung ho for me. Unless you have 1000 acres or something, then ok fine, but say a square 100 acres, you will walk end to end in about 10 minutes, no?

NO, I would like to see who can walk a 100 acre parcel in 10 minutes. Remember that the hunting population is getting older and we can't walk at 60 like we did at 25. We have a club and are on private property and we all have atv's. If we didn't, half the guys wouldn't be hunting today. It extends their ability to still pursue the sport they have loved for over 30 yrs.

Dave

Well Doc, we did call DEC on the crew that bugs us, two years running. They like to tresspass and bait and hunt out of season too, even after getting a nice fat fine they still do it. Some ATV'rs don't care just like some hunters don't care. My two favorites occurred during turkey season, the first was some dude cruising through ruining the birds coming in and the second was last year. There we are working some Tom's in the feild when all of a sudden these two guys come up in the woods in a old Jeep grinning like they were in love.

Well, you did all you can do. You're just going to have to shoot 'em .....  :)

I'm with Dinsdale on the "scoping" . I have looked toward other hunters with my binos only to see them looking at me with a shotgun scope . I went ballistic a couple times and walked up to guys that had done this while I was screaming obsenities at them .

They couldn't understand what was wrong . "I didn't have my finger on the trigger" was the usual response . I said your gun is loaded isn't it you dumb #$%@ ! I'm lucky I didn't get my butt kicked but not too many people want to argue with a raving maniac !