Censorship

fasteddie

IMO I think it serves a purpose. There has been some very good information conveyed on it (and a bunch of crap), but I would not want to see it go. It's too easy to skip by what you don't want to read. 

this.  otherwise, people can argue or disagree, but personal attacks are what they are.  don't do it.  it renders threads with good info useless as nobody wants to read through it.  that's where I stand.

Take away the political forum, and watch the General Chit-Chat forum fill up with political posts. Remember, the General Chit-Chat forum is the catch-all that may or may not be hunting related.

I listen to all the whining about the politics section and just shake my head in disbelief. If there was no Politics Forum, everyone would be whining about no place to keep tabs on what things are in the wind about gun control and pro-gun people who need support. It just goes to show that no matter what you do, you can't keep everyone happy all the time.

I feel sorry for those that have lost control of their index finger and keep clicking on those threads and forum sections that they detest.....lol.

• Like 6

I already posted in another thread today, that people on this site, and many hunters i encounter elsewhere online; conflate almost anything with politics. It is like they are so obsessed with their ideology that they incorporate it into anything and everything they can. Even a discussion about habitat becomes politicized. 

Personally, I do not really care if politically charged conversations are a separate part of the site, although I agree with Elmo and others that it is indeed a turn off to new members seeking a hunting site. 

However, there is no reason for politics to enter many of the discussions it does.

Edited by mike rossi
  • Like 1

Doc .... some of the members that whine about the Political Forum seem to like to get on there and then complain . Don't like it , don't click on there . 

It reminds me of a buddie's sister who found one of his Playboy magazines . She was flipping pages and kept saying , "this is terrible" but kept on flipping pages . I told her that if it was so terrible , why keep looking . All I got was a blank stare and she kept looking at the pictures . That's what goes on here .

I don't trap , small game hunt , don't own a dog and I don't bird hunt so I don't even go into those forums and have no idea what goes on in there . The people that are interested in those forums frequent them . 

• Like 5

Maybe if you two mods could actually monitor the name calling and the rest of the senseless BS this site would be better?

Politics is one thing but complete rhetoric is another, sadly the silent approval continues on and will for the foreseeable future. Links to garbage websites and inflammatory cut and paste from posers will not stop here until the site owner decides to take control of his site.

• Like 1

I don't want to point fingers and try to single anyone out because I think it will excite people but I can think of a few different people that seem to be pretty consistent in derailing them. I'm sure you probably have a couple examples in your mind as well

are they of the redneck variety?

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Edited by The Jerkman

Ah Remember the old post long gone now>Quitcher bitchen.This is kinda where we are with this censorship.I myself enjoy current events/news.I dont get myself involved with many threads if I have a question or some information to share on a topic I do so.This is a Great web site/forum except for some of the language and bashing everything here is the same as any other Debate.

I don't trap , small game hunt , don't own a dog and I don't bird hunt so I don't even go into those forums and have no idea what goes on in there . The people that are interested in those forums frequent them . 

Funny you say this.  Until I started following this thread I had no idea there even was a political section on this forum ;)

• Like 3

Doc .... some of the members that whine about the Political Forum seem to like to get on there and then complain . Don't like it , don't click on there .

I

If it wasn't in my feed i'd never click it. But like a train wreck, sometimes the click bait works. I scroll, see something so frustrating that it gets the better of me. Remove it from the feed and it's not a problem. Edited by Belo

There is a huge difference between censoring incivility and profanity, and censoring entire posts because they are personally intolerable.

The people that create most of the incivility in the political threads are the ones who want them eliminated.  There's a huge tantrum going on there with snide replies to posts and PM complaints to mods to kill that forum.  Very much like children running to mommy when their sibling tells them to stay out of their room.  Also very much like many American citizens demand things change to suit their desires by attacking freedom from every angle possible.

It's a police state mentality that tries to accomplish goals by nagging authority to do something about it, freedom and liberty be damned.  It's a "If I don't like it, I'll kick and scream until I get my way" social style.

Personally, I believe you are free to act that way if you feel the need to.  If authority actually capitulates because of it, they do not do their position any service.

Everyone here needs to act like adults, post opinions but remain civil, contribute what they feel is of value, ignore what they do not think is valuable and stop crying like babies if things don't go their way.

Asking the mods to censor anything other than incivility and profanity is simply facist.  Lets not go down that path, as it doesn't serve anybody well.

• Like 2

There is a huge difference between censoring incivility and profanity, and censoring entire posts because they are personally intolerable.

The people that create most of the incivility in the political threads are the ones who want them eliminated. There's a huge tantrum going on there with snide replies to posts and PM complaints to mods to kill that forum. Very much like children running to mommy when their sibling tells them to stay out of their room. Also very much like many American citizens demand things change to suit their desires by attacking freedom from every angle possible.

It's a police state mentality that tries to accomplish goals by nagging authority to do something about it, freedom and liberty be damned. It's a "If I don't like it, I'll kick and scream until I get my way" social style.

Personally, I believe you are free to act that way if you feel the need to. If authority actually capitulates because of it, they do not do their position any service.

Everyone here needs to act like adults, post opinions but remain civil, contribute what they feel is of value, ignore what they do not think is valuable and stop crying like babies if things don't go their way.

Asking the mods to censor anything other than incivility and profanity is simply facist. Lets not go down that path, as it doesn't serve anybody well.

Are you assuming here or do you have actual facts of such PM's and requests? Or is this just another one of your ways of twisting fiction into fact to suit your agenda?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Once again, people need to address the post, the opinions and the subject of the thread.

The MOD has stated he is getting PM's from people asking for censorship.  

You really need to read the post again and pay close attention to the part about acting like an adult.  I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

Once again, people need to address the post, the opinions and the subject of the thread.

You really need to read the post again I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

That is not what it says Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

The people that create most of the incivility in the political threads are the ones who want them eliminated. There's a huge tantrum going on there with snide replies to posts and PM complaints to mods to kill that forum. Very much like children running to mommy when their sibling tells them to stay out of their room. Also very much like many American citizens demand things change to suit their desires by attacking freedom from every angle possible.

It's a police state mentality that tries to accomplish goals by nagging authority to do something about it, freedom and liberty be damned. It's a "If I don't like it, I'll kick and scream until I get my way" social style.

Personally, I believe you are free to act that way if you feel the need to. If authority actually capitulates because of it, they do not do their position any service.

Asking the mods to censor anything other than incivility and profanity is simply facist. Lets not go down that path, as it doesn't serve anybody well.

Yes assuredly you are the victim.

I have never seen someone describe a privately owned web site as if it is a country.

Do you ever stop to think that you are part of the problem?

• Like 5

You really need to read the post again and pay close attention to the part about acting like an adult. I'm sorry I hit a nerve.

But yet, you are making a personal attack all in the same post, hypocrite much?

And to clarify, I'm sorry you can't read properly, but we're all here to help along, child.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Edited by shawnhu

I believe that should about cover the personal attacks and incivility that becomes the norm in most of the threads on this site.

This thread was about censorship being requested.  I stand by my original analysis of the problem.

It's about childish desires for power and control, nothing more.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1