What is up with all the Violence?I enjoy going into the city for a family day but with all the slashing's and shootings I am a little on edge to take the family.The city use to be a fun place to visit but I think it is worse now then ever.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. The media likes to sensationalize everything. Just stay in the safer spots and you will probably 99.99999999% be fine. I work in the city and live in the city probably 4-5 days a week. You'll be fine

You Can't Beat My Meat!

The rise in crime is actual minimal compared the last couple of years. On a per capital basis, NY actually has a really low crime rate for a major city. Media simply are able to cast a wider net now and catching every single event. It's like saying lightning strikes occur on average 20 times a day through out the world and then being afraid of going outside and being hit by lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree the Media does hype up what is really only small infractions.I still do and will continue to visit the City I guess I am more concerned for my Family then myself. I also believe Bloomberg did a better job than Deblat ass.

• Like 1

Giuliani cleaned up the city and handed over a much better product to Bloomberg. All Bloomberg had to do was not muck it up and he didn't. Then de Blasio came and he's starting to muck it up. One smart thing he did was bring back Giuliani's old police commissioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What is up with all the Violence?I enjoy going into the city for a family day but with all the slashing's and shootings I am a little on edge to take the family.The city use to be a fun place to visit but I think it is worse now then ever.

I mean no disrespect, but, who goes into NYC for a "family day"? Maybe shopping, but a family day?

We have no kids, even if we did, doing a family outing would be a pic-nic, hiking trip, or just getting out of the city we live in.

Maybe it's just me. Being someone who loves being in the woods for more then just hunting has possibly tainted my view on what "getting out of the house" means.

NYC has always had the violence, it just got tamed in certain areas and some areas were left out of the public eye as for what goes on. I don't live there, don't like to go there, and I hate the fact then when you tell someone from another state you are from NY they automatically 'assume' you are from NYC.

You also need to expose children/family to a wide variety of things...and not pigeon hole them into things you/we specifically have a deep rooted love and passion for. Just because we love the outdoors doesn't mean our children or wife has or will have the same feeling.....the city is an outstanding place to experience fine dining....theatre... Shopping...and an overall great place for a family to have a great time and build lasting memories

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My daughter lives here in Rochester her boyfriend is in med school in NYC, she goes from a treestand here one day to a Broadway play the next, although seeking out the better pastry shops is more her thing in NYC. That's a nice life.

I'm a woods guy, but I'm happy to say I've been to Peter Lugars, McSorleys,Carmine's ,top of the Empire State Building , Ground Zero, Ten House, cruised on FDNY's fire boat, and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge ( passed on the chance to buy it ) and many other places in NYC. It's a great place to take a family around Christmas as well .

Oh and I slept on a couch in Park Slope that Levon Helms crashed on when he was in town. No not at the same time......

• Like 7