Live from the turkey woods 2016

turkeyfeathers

Kudos to all you guys for sticking it out............

Mama made me French toast with Dinsdale supplied /made maple syrup, watched the Grand Prix of Monaco, did some dealings on the web, washed & waxed my p/u and cut some 18" trim pieces to rehang some stuff in my basement rafters.

And I slept until 5:50am.  :)

Typical deer dodging on way out on drive. My lil hunting buddy is done for the year. She started getting a fever and sore throat yesterday. She got a tear when I woke her up this morning and said she didn't feel good enough to go. Got her out 6 times I believe. Never would have bet she wouldn't nor I get a bird this year. Good luck to all who are out. The fat lady is indeed warming up to take the stage.

Typical deer dodging on way out on drive. My lil hunting buddy is done for the year. She started getting a fever and sore throat yesterday. She got a tear when I woke her up this morning and said she didn't feel good enough to go. Got her out 6 times I believe. Never would have bet she wouldn't nor I get a bird this year. Good luck to all who are out. The fat lady is indeed warming up to take the stage.

If it makes you feel any better I'm about to leave for work. Enjoy the woods, still rather be out there.

• Like 1

Well folks, this morning is my last attempt for this season to try to get a gobbler to play. Leaving a little before 4am, takes 1 hr. and 15 minutes to get to this particular spot.

Just hope the fat lady doesn't sing today!!!!

Day 19 this year. 1710 aporoximate miles traveled Can't say I ever gave up. So nobody can take that away from me. So I guess I get an A for effort and will be marinating both tags in oj and Italian dressing. It should only take 1 or 2 strips of bacon to wrap them in before putting them on the smoker. Unless ..... That broken clock tells the right time today and I get on a bird. Good luck everyone and hope you get on a hot bird.

Good luck everyone out there today...I put in a few half hearted hunts after opening week.No time to get to camp and my plan to put in a last 5 day push was lost with the knee. Too bad ...for we defrosted some of the openers Bird and it was delicious last night.Hoping to see a lot of hens and chicks this coming month.Then all those Jake's I got on cam before season...nice and fat for fall season....

And that's a rap....

No gobbles today. Talked with a hen off n on for over n hour as she was feeding in the corner of the field ... Eventually paid my jake a visit, was hoping she'd have a beard haha... No boyfriends lurking in the shadows ....

2016 stats....

Days hunted - 26

Days off- 5

KIA - 1 two year old tom

Beard- 8 in.

Spurs - 7/8 in.

Weight - 21 lbs.

Birds worked - 8

Hens called in - 5

A-hole hunters snagging

my spot - 3 ( 1 tom

to show for it , grrr)