Trail camera's.....which one?

If a person has the cash and desire, how about a Reconyx HC600 (no video tho, pics only)? 

Pretty much the standard setter for a regular pic cam. While Reconyx isn't without its share of setbacks - the 600 is a tested machine. I just can't strap that kind of money to a tree for a regular cam - other models will offset the value and give a large % of the performance. Many sub $200 cams can have impressive trigger speed/sensing areas and re-trigger times, such as the Brownings, the Aggressors, and the new Spypoint (but night pics are up in the air).

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for browning. I love my strike force. Takes great pics and videos are pretty good too.

Phade...what's your take on the Spypoint Force 10s? I just ordered one the other day and should be here tmw. I was about to order another browning from trailcampro but I came across the force 10 and they seemed to have great things to say about it so I decided to give it a shot. Hoping it's just as good as my browning. If not I'll send it back within the 90 days I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 10 is a waste of time - the only one worthwhile is the Force 11D. It is a leader of performance as far as trigger/battery life, etc....and then falls on its face at night. Poor night images to say the least. But it can take a lot of pics, long battery life, and solid trigger.

No idea how they got that cam out with such poor night images. If they had good night images, that cam would be hard to beat.

I sell Browning, so next time you need a cam, let me know.

Dang! I thought I saw some example night pics that looked alright. But maybe I mixed them up with other ones I was looking at. Trailcampro review was so good which was the only reason I even decided to try it out. I just checked the UPS tracking and looks like it might be here this afternoon. If so I'll be putting it out tonight and will know within a couple days on how well it does and doesn't work.

What's your pricing on the Brownings? If this spypoint ends up being as bad as you say it will be going back and I'll be in need of another browning ASAP!

I sell Browning, so next time you need a cam, let me know.

Damn!  I just ordered a Browning Command OPS 10 MP from another place that I won't mention- what's your opinion on that one Phade.

Is your website up and running yet?  If so, could you give me a link and I will definitely buy from you in the furture.

I have 3 Moultrie I-35 trail cams that must have been made by Timex . two of them are 50 miles away in Geneseo and one of those has been in use for 5 years . They don't make this model anymore .

Phade mentioned The Moultrie TRACE camera some time ago . I now have 4 of those and they are great .... no , awesome for $40 each . 

I have had bad luck with a couple of Primos Truth Cam Ultra . They were junk as well as some stealth cams .

I talked to Phade and got the spy point 11D { while browning fixes the issue I found on the strike force} , its a photo taking machine , night pics are so so , I actually just changed night settings to blur reduction , or something like that and it made a huge difference . the 11D is the fastest cam on the market and it shows. IT claims to have a 15 month battery life which is very nice. I thought about returning it but after that setting change I'm keeping it. Here are a couple night pics from last night

.post-84-0-05945400-1469200531_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-80918700-1469200542_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-12755500-1469200564_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-51029800-1469200573_thumb.jpg

Damn!  I just ordered a Browning Command OPS 10 MP from another place that I won't mention- what's your opinion on that one Phade.

Is your website up and running yet?  If so, could you give me a link and I will definitely buy from you in the furture.

The site is pursuitoutdoors.com. The current website is just a placeholder for now as I am selling a fair amount through word of mouth at this point. Please PM for deals.

The Command Ops is their lower end cam - from a value perspective it is decent. But, personally, I would have stepped up to the Strike Force, even if it were last year's model.

• Like 1

I talked to Phade and got the spy point 11D { while browning fixes the issue I found on the strike force} , its a photo taking machine , night pics are so so , I actually just changed night settings to blur reduction , or something like that and it made a huge difference . the 11D is the fastest cam on the market and it shows. IT claims to have a 15 month battery life which is very nice. I thought about returning it but after that setting change I'm keeping it. Here are a couple night pics from last night

.attachicon.gifPICT0272.JPGattachicon.gifPICT0278.JPGattachicon.gifPICT0285.JPGattachicon.gifPICT0295.JPG

Have any moving target pics? The stationary blur reduction shots are nice, but that means it's only good for a scrape cam unless it cam capture deer on the trail without looking like a blur.

The other thing I am not a fan of is how Spypoints tend to still have the flashlight effect on the edges of their images.

That said, the 11D is a pretty quick pic taking cam.

Edited by phade

Phade, those are all moving pics , he's walk to the cam. Since I made that change I don't see that flash light effect as your calling it. PM  me an email and I can send you more pics if you would like .I have a ton , not sure how many I can upload to the post? Here are a couple more in sequence .

Steve 

post-84-0-49173300-1469202563_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-55577500-1469202572_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-98316100-1469202581_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-08102800-1469202589_thumb.jpg

The gps function doesn't work well in Bushnell. Not a feature I would bank on or choose a cam on.

If you want a Gocam let me know. They're the best wireless cam on the market.

Spypoint force 10 is out in the woods. Got it in the mail this afternoon and quickly popped some batteries and card in it and hopped on the wheeler. Headed out back and down into a bottom on the south end of my big field where it's a nice funnel that borders some nice thick bedding area. Real thick stuff mixed with random small openings. Lots of trails crisscrossing through there. Picked a tree that is close to a nice trail intersection. We will give it a week and see what these Force 10s can do.

• 1 month later...

Chiming in late but can you tell me if the 2 brownings Phade recommends are easy to program and will hold that program after shutting off to move to site?

I have a cuddyback black IR that I'm finding hard to program, work through the menus and switch or move along with all the buttons.  Don't cuss me out, but sometimes I long for the old days where everything was programmed with sliding switches, you could see ALL the program settings at once.

Just pulled the cuddy and got no, zero, night pic off a well used trail that usually gives me plenty of night pics, fox, coyote, early squirrels, etc. and cant find what I had it set to because when I scroll through the menus I might also inadvertently be changing the settings, frustrating!

I'd like to be able to just set a camera out in the woods without having to worry what the last settings were for.  

I think your seeing what today's cuddebacks are like. From the 2 I've owned and all my buddies I've never seen one work right for more than a couple days. The old originals were good but they get worse each year. I'm not sure how they are still even in business!?

The Brownings are very easy to program in my opinion. And once you set it you can forget it. Just switch the toggle to "On" and it lights up telling you how many pics you can take and how many is already taken and the 30 second delay timer shows up and starts counting down. Very simple. I highly suggest the browning cams!

heres my $.02, first off Paula's advice is good.  Other than that, what I consider is false distance, trigger speed and most of how easy the darn thing is to program.  I like Moultrie Camera's but it takes a bit to figure out their software prompts. Images are great and they are easy on battery life.  My camera's are in for almost four months before they get checked.  

Brownings are simple to program. I have 3 now. I've had good luck with cuddebacks and programming them. Though the last one I bought was the ambush. I think I'm only buying browning cams from here on out, not too impressed with bushnell anymore either

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Browning's are easy to operate and they will hold their settings.

However, in your case, I might suggest looking at the Primos cams. Not as good of a performer but the operation is very simple - switch based as you like.

I would skip the lower end Primos and look for the 2 or 3 level model.