Newby here

bugsNbows

Howdy all... from sunny Florida. I've just joined and am looking forward to socializing. Lest not everyone think I'm an intruder... I was born and raised in NYS. Have been hunting there since the 60's. Our family has a small parcel (with cabin) in Steuben Co. that has served me well for many years. I took my first bucks back then with recurves and slugs! I moved up to vertical bows and rifles as the situations permitted. Now, I'm hunting with crossbow and rifles... since NY (and Steuben) has allowed their usage. 

NYS is a great place... save the cold and political climate. However, I left in 1976 to pursue educational and employment upgrades. I do get back every fall... and will likely do so till I take the eternal dirt nap. It's a way of life. 

In case anybody is curious, I go by bugsNbows. That's because I'm an Entomologist (semi-retired) by training...(the bows being self explanatory). LOL

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking' to it. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Bugsy !

Good group here, as long as you don't take some of us TOO seriously..<<grin>>...

Where in Steuben is your camp ?

I've lived all my life near Addison.

Guess we're neighbors! We are up off Beartown Rd. about half-way between Gang Mills and Addison. It's very near Erwin WMA. 

Sure. Have been to Fran's several times. If I might ask, who do you know on Beartown? U know Bill Shaut? I graduated from West High with Loren Smith. His clan lives up there... they still run the buses that his dad used to. Electrician / fireman Brian Jones has a place near ours also. 

I remember  Loren but it has been many years since I have seen him...Is he not Rick Allison's brother in law ?  I went to school with Rick and also Bob Losey who lives just down the road...Bob's neighbor is Brian Wood, who is married to my ex wife's cousin...

Another close neighbor is Mike Delgrosso, another Addison boy and a retired schoolteacher..I fish and hunt often with Mike's brother Dave...

Ah, ex-wives... everybody needs at least one. I'm not getting much regarding the names. Not sure about Rick Allison. The name Bob Losey sounds a bit familiar. I left the area and moved south in 1976... been a long time! LOL