Some kids are Unruly

fasteddie

I saw a woman battling with her kid at sears a week ago ,she was trying to check out and this little guy (maybe 5/6) was hell bent on getting the mechanics creeper down and scoot around on it ,I'm guessing he got it good when they got in the car.

I had several ways to deal with my kids in stores...If they got loud...I got twice as loud. Not scolding or mean just really loud....They would be all embarrassed and beg me to stop. If they caused problems at the check out I would  go to the end of conveyor with the one causing problems. Call out excuse me, so all would look and say My child needs to apologize to everyone for disrupting this clerks day...Then I turn and say You have something to say or want to stand here as this person works until you say what you need to.... When they were at the" I hate you stage"..my Reply was"Good that means I'm doing my job, you can start loving me when your 18! " Then there was the stopping a police officer and asking them to please come over to the car and tell my children about the bad guys out there....This was the "I'm running away phase"

Their Phases never lasted long...and on the times I never had to do any thing...we would go get a special treat  like ice cream or a video,hit the pet shop....ect,ect. They figured out fast I wasn't a Mom to get embarrassed,frustrated,or intimidated by someone half my size.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

a good one is to wait until they're distracted and then quietly slip away and watch from a distance, the look of sheer panic on their faces when they frantically look around for you is priceless..........

Roflmao that's awesome!!!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

or get a friend of yours that the kids don't know, and the next time they don't listen and wander off, have the friend grab the kid and start running away with em........works like a charm.

somehow I don't see the outcome of that with a security guard work out so well.

• Like 1