Disgusting .......

fasteddie

Yesterday at the qwik-fill at Union Hill , i saw a guy take the top off of one of those cigarette butt containers and pick through the butts . He put a bunch in a bag and got back in the car . Someone has to have a real bad cigarette habit to be doing this and apparently can't afford to buy them . 

No doubt someone on here will be able to put a positive spin on this .  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

That is nasty! He must be re-rolling. You can get a lot of tobacco at the end of a smoke. Lol

that makes sense....well kinda, but I guess if I try hard enough I could see a desperate person do something like that. Oh, and you haven't seen anything until you see some of the stuff in Penn Station in NYC.

• Like 2

I thought the same thing about re-rolling the Tobacco into another cigarette . Some people might put a half cigarette into the container and go in the store so the guy could relight these . Anyway they could be catching someone else"s germs and get sick . Yuck ! 

• Like 1

I have seen them(homeless people) going through the butt containers too. I also, often  see an elderly woman going through the trash and recycle bins at the local Nice n Easy, picking out empties to return. The other day it was in the 90's and her hands were soaked with old soda and beer that she got on herself as she emptied out  the cans she was taking. The funny part is she is always well dressed and drives, what looks like a brand new Chevy.

I have seen them(homeless people) going through the butt containers too. I also, often  see an elderly woman going through the trash and recycle bins at the local Nice n Easy, picking out empties to return. The other day it was in the 90's and her hands were soaked with old soda and beer that she got on herself as she emptied out  the cans she was taking. The funny part is she is always well dressed and drives, what looks like a brand new Chevy.

There used to be a guy in my area that collected every can he could find, even to go as far as going through garbage cans on recyclable day......he was far from poor, had a House, nice car, boat.

I thought the same thing about re-rolling the Tobacco into another cigarette . Some people might put a half cigarette into the container and go in the store so the guy could relight these . Anyway they could be catching someone else"s germs and get sick . Yuck ! 

Not so much if they're ripping them apart for the tobacco and re-rolling them.  The other person's lips touched the filter...not the actual tobacco.

My grandmother does the same thing until she became ill.  She fell into a bad place when my grandfather passed away and so I guess now her can collecting kept her busy and as sane as possible.  In making her rounds, all the local cops and shop owners got to know her so it became a nice little routine for her.  She doesn't cash in most of them.  We sneak into the yard, steal them, and give them out to homeless people so they can cash them.  The next day she'll rant about thieves and what not.  She has since been diagnosed with cancer and is now in a nursing home so in a way, it's good we don't have to deal with that stuff anymore.

• Like 1

Theres an old guy who drives a beat up Ford Taurus wagon who goes through the recycle bins on garbage day. I started leaving ten or so bottles/cans in my bin, and they're gone every time.

Edited by ants

Theres an old guy who drives a beat up Ford Taurus wagon who goes through the recycle bins on garbage day. I started leaving ten or so bottles/cans in my bin, and they're gone every time.

Lady by me does the same thing. She asked me once and I said fine as long you don't make a mess. Every Friday morning I put out a ton of beer cans from the weekend pool parties and she takes them all before the recycling guys get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree picking through ash trays/containers is nasty.You can beat me up all you want to I collect returnables,at 5cents per at 24 that is an extra 1.20 cash.At one time of my life my Aunt and Uncle would save them in a huge container and I would cash them in and purchase my school clothes with the Money.I don't think we should bash people for making money any way they can legally yes I have a good paying job and do not need to save or dig through garbage to make ends meet but the more I return cans and save is all extra money in my pocket

• Like 4

hey, it's better then the slobs who throw their cans, bottles and cigarette butts along the roadside......that's pretty disgusting too. The ones who collect for whatever reason are doing us all a favor, not to mention all the $$ from those unreturned cans goes into the States pocket if nobody cashes them in.

• Like 1

I agree picking through ash trays/containers is nasty.You can beat me up all you want to I collect returnables,at 5cents per at 24 that is an extra 1.20 cash.At one time of my life my Aunt and Uncle would save them in a huge container and I would cash them in and purchase my school clothes with the Money.I don't think we should bash people for making money any way they can legally yes I have a good paying job and do not need to save or dig through garbage to make ends meet but the more I return cans and save is all extra money in my pocket

It's amazing all the cans and bottles that are left behind or dumped at school, you wouldn't believe the money I made/saved this past school year

It's amazing all the cans and bottles that are left behind or dumped at school, you wouldn't believe the money I made/saved this past school year

A Buddy of mine works at/for local college and he makes an extra buck/$.He has made/earned as much as 4'000 per year turning trash into spending money.To most it's just a nickel to myself its money that is just wasted.