Poult production

Bowguy 1

I've had a strange summer sighting wise so far. 3 flocks w zero poults yet full of adult hens, 1 flock w one poult n full of hens, a few normal flocks but favoring the lighter side production wise yet well grown poults. Today I saw a whole bunch of poults with a few hens n the poults were quail sized. Can't remember a year w things so differently. I know different places, nests, etc wind up w dif successes but the no poults thing in 3 flocks isn't good. What are you all seeing?

ZERO poults single hens walking through...I may have either 2 small hens or a hen and really big poult...pic is in turkey thread under convince me.

Between the raccoons and the dead fisher I found,,,BTW I put a cam over carcass yesterday...it was moved again and I found bird feathers...I doubt a hawk could have killed it....Maybe sickness or a bobcat? Who knows?....Any ways I should be glad to see any turkey...

A little info you folks...

"One egg is laid daily until a clutch averaging 9 to 11 eggs is completed. Incubation takes 28 days, and all poults hatch within a 24-hour period. Depending on weather, the brood hen and poults leave the nest within 24 hours of hatching. Peak hatching period is from about May 20 to June 10. If the first nest is destroyed, some hens attempt a second nest. Hens that have to re-nest lay fewer eggs.

Generally, less than half of all nesting attempts are successful. The fact that wild turkeys nest on the ground and require a total of 6 weeks to lay and incubate eggs makes hens and their nests vulnerable to predation and human disturbance (destroying nests by burning, mowing, and discing). Common predators of turkey eggs include raccoons, skunks, opossums, crows, and snakes. Mortality rates of poults generally range from 70 to 80 percent or higher, especially during their first 2 weeks of life, when they are unable to fly and roost under the hen on the ground.

Poult predators include mammals of which raccoon and bobcats cause the greatest loss. Foxes and coyotes are also important predators. Birds caused 13 percent and reptiles were responsible for 4 percent of the loss. Feral dogs and cats also will prey on hens/eggs when the opportunity arises. Fortunately, turkeys have a high reproductive potential, and one good hatch can significantly increase populations and offset previous poor hatches."