1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

Too hot outside so I shot a 20yd NFAA round in my basement.  262 with 1st shot in the white (splitting the 4 and 5 ring at 2 o'clock).  Pretty much the norm for me but with no thinking or tweaking.  Just easy today. Plus a new string on the recurve - wore the old one out. A good place to be as the season approaches.  Feeling confident with the Widow.  

• Like 2

Sent about 30 arrows down today. Pics in a different thread and I don't want to hijack this one. Way out of practice.

Got my groups great, but a foot high. 

There is no derailment of this tread it's anything and everything archery and getting ready for season...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

There is no derailment of this tread it's anything and everything archery and getting ready for season...

OK. First shots of the year ( page 4 ):

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/33946-almost-might-still-get-got-in-trouble/?page=4#comment-488927

Second round wasn't horrible, great groups, but have to fix the foot high issue.

• Like 2

I went to a 3d shoot this morning at 7 ..a.m. and sweat like a littly piggy. The whole affair was very unpleasant,bugs and humidity. Not what I was looking forward to. Definitely not going to another shoot tomorrow. Too hot...

Sounds like you're almost ready for a spring beat hunt back in deep.

21 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

Always the last arrow for me too...I'm just glad it's not the first one doing that

I blame you for this. Even my girl Bullet was pissed. 

Last three of the night, 60, it looks like the bare shaft tuning worked out. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

I blame you for this. Even my girl Bullet was pissed. 

Last three of the night, 60, it looks like the bare shaft tuning worked out. 

image.jpeg

Lol I hate that crap...I swear every group I shoot my last arrow is 4 or 5 inches high...your like damn that's a nice group let's finish strong then it doesn't happen...

About 2 weeks ago I put my quiver on bc I hunt with it on always and couldn't figure out why I was shooting right thought it was my form or something did some tuning on the sight only thing I can think of is the little bit of extra weight caused me to shoot off the mark...drove me nuts for about a week

Edit still great shooting

• Like 1

I did not do great today. The target is about 23 yds and the deer 31. I always move stuff around so I have to guess at the distance every time. I just got the deer terget yesterday and am apparently not used to gauging that correctly. The group is not too bad. Better shots tomorrow.

20160817_085959.jpg

20160817_090017.jpg

• Like 3

Boy, I would want to be a deer in your neck of the woods,Buckmaster. Then again,it would mean a swift death which is a good thing.

I feel like I am getting dialed in pretty good now. Deer at 32,target at 21

20160818_071048.jpg

20160818_071033.jpg

Edited by BowmanMike
spelling
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

If we all keep shooting like this and can control our nerves gonna be a bad season for deer

just think about the process and what's required of you to make it help.  disconnect yourself from the fact its a deer and will be one of your limited opportunities.  focus on the means to the end and not the end result or what could go wrong.  once the arrow has been sent and it's a dead deer running you can process it all as you just took a deer, letting the flood gates of emotion open wide.  works for me.  I've been completely composed like a machine to get it done and then right after that so messed up I'm shaking, called a house number asking if someone they were at the house, and then dropped the cell phone out of the tree.

• Like 1